Glenfinnan Viaduct

Started by gregsandor, October 24, 2008, 02:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

Glenfinnan Viaduct - work in progress

Now with shiny new 5m dem!

inkydigit

looks good, I prefer the second one, though the trees seem a bit big, and I'd like to see more of a river than a stream...that said, this is still excellent!

gregsandor

I agree with you about the trees and am adjusting them this morning.  The Stream and Loch Shiel are actual size.  The near terrain is a 5m resolution digital elevation model, the distant terrain is 90m SRTM.

inkydigit

thanks for the info Greg...I wasn't crtiticising your accuracy(about the river), but merely stating my own aesthetic wishes!!!....perhaps with smaller trees these will change...

gregsandor

Oh I know.  A broader river would be cool.  I've thought it would be fun to put glaciers back in the canyon too.  First though I want to build it as it is; I'm really trying to integrate the architecture and landscape.

mr-miley

gregsandor

Nice renders. Where the hell did you get such high res DEMs of the UK from? Lucky *******  ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

otakar

And where did you get the train??? Looking forward to the next version.

gregsandor

The data is from NEXTMAP -- if you find a free source please let me know.

I built the locomotive, tender, and carriages.  You can see another render of them at http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1571086&member  (click the image to enlarge.)

Mohawk20

Great model, has enough detail for closeups.
Howgh!

gregsandor

Update soon...

pfrancke

HO or N?  <grin>  hey, just to add to the fact that it is in they eye of the beholder, I prefer the drama of the first one.  Nice work, You and TerrAde are the train guys!

gregsandor

Quote from: pfrancke on October 24, 2008, 11:46:19 PM
HO or N?  <grin>  hey, just to add to the fact that it is in they eye of the beholder, I prefer the drama of the first one.  Nice work, You and TerrAde are the train guys!

lol.  I built my trains and trestles in HO when I was a kid.  Now my scale is meters.

rcallicotte

Good work.  I can't wait to see this completed.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

gregsandor

Thanks to bigben for his great distribution shader setup.

gregsandor

Adding dense forests.