Texturing differnt terrains part 2

Started by mhaze, January 16, 2007, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Heres a WIP
I've been having difficulty texturing the HF in the background which I would prefer to have as image mapped. I was forced to use the single colour box in the HF shader box. The procedural terrain in the fore ground is image mapped.

The cloud around the pinnacle(inverted crater) is created with a mask and  y plan mapping - I had to turn the gamma up on the image map mask to get a clearly defined area.

More generally TG2 is a great start but difficult to use and has some frustrating limitations(many of which are probably my incompetance) for example I could not find a way of rotating the HFs. Most frustrating of all is the shader system. Because of the quality of TG2s landscape people are going to want to include other objects and shade them; an area that needs development? I also find the navigation system difficult - I miss the look at facility!

Here's the pic

Njen

Is this the type of effect you wanted?

btw, when you post a tgd file that is reliant on source files, either post those source files, or remove them from your tgd file :)

Because you didn't provide the background terrain files, I just used a generate node.

§ardine

WOW! Amazing mhaze!

I looked at the heightfield loader's properties. Apparently the only way to do a rotate that I could find was to flip x and y in the heightfield shader location tab – of course this only gives you a 180 rotation. I suppose we'll just have to do our rotations before we import.

mhaze

Thanks

Sorry about the lack of attachments but I was trying to keep file size down -  I'll put a zip on my website and link to that next time.

njen, you've put me on the right path - I've now plugged the image map into the forground so now all I've got to do is find a way to use them on the generated HF

Thanks Sardine  - yes I discovered the flip x and y which helps but a more complete rotation solution would allow more subtle adjustments

Thanks agin

Mick

Njen

texture the background and the foreground seperately, then merge them together using a mask and you should be fine.

mhaze

Finally

The nodes

hope it's of use to someone

Can't work out why it didn't work the first time I tried it but there you go. Thanks again njen

Njen

No worries. I had just put together a file that has the images in both of them as an example that I was going to post, but I see you already got it.

Well done!