tgd

Started by lastofthelight, October 28, 2008, 07:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastofthelight

Pardon me. I've looked over the tutorials of various sorts, and the board - and I see 'tgd' files referenced often - but I can't find a tutorial speaking of them and detailing the proper ways to use them specifically. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

PG

TGD files are the world files that contain data of your entire scene, clouds, terrain, water, objects. You don't really need to know the details of them to use them. They're just a save format like .txt or .html
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mohawk20

So basically you open a tgd file with Terragen2 and after it's loaded, you can render the scene, or edit anything you want.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

...and TGC files are clip files.  You can use these to load extras into your scene by going into the File mode, Insert Clip File.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lastofthelight

lastofthelight

Another quick question.

The free version only goes out to 640 by 480, yes? Is that too low a resolution to print out?I'm fine with just making cool images for my own enjoyment  - but if I decide I want to print even one out, do I need to pay the 200?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I just made (well, if it renders like the preview seems to indicate, the actual rendering job is taking forever) this rather pretty sunset over a forest-bordered lake - and it took me...well, not very long to figure out. If I change the sunset into an eclipse, and figure out how to put some surf on the edge of that lake, this might make a cool present for my girlfriend....and I am the least artistically capable person ever.  This is a pretty easy to use program, with the help of the forms, search function, and tutorials.

rcallicotte

You can make images up to 800X600 with the free version.

You can print to your heart's content, but I don't think you can legally sell anything with the free version.

Quote from: lastofthelight on October 28, 2008, 08:52:47 AM
Another quick question.

The free version only goes out to 640 by 480, yes? Is that too low a resolution to print out?I'm fine with just making cool images for my own enjoyment  - but if I decide I want to print even one out, do I need to pay the 200?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I just made (well, if it renders like the preview seems to indicate, the actual rendering job is taking forever) this rather pretty sunset over a forest-bordered lake - and it took me...well, not very long to figure out. If I change the sunset into an eclipse, and figure out how to put some surf on the edge of that lake, this might make a cool present for my girlfriend....and I am the least artistically capable person ever.  This is a pretty easy to use program, with the help of the forms, search function, and tutorials.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lastofthelight

Thats fine, I don't care about selling anything.

cyphyr

You could also make several tiled images (go for about a 20% overlap) and stitch them together to make a larger image. I don't think you'd be breaking any agreement like this. Your only real limit would be with low AA (3) and your populations limited to three.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

PG

There's no agreement on the size of renders that can be made, it's a physical restriction placed on the free version. The only agreement made for renders is that they're not to be used in a situation where you would gain financial benefits from them.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures