Mt Ranier Morning

Started by RogueNZ, October 30, 2008, 01:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueNZ

Started this almost a year ago, finally rendered it with high detail. Anyone kind enough to render this at a bigger resolution?
7hr 10 mins render time at 0.9 quality, AA 3

old_blaggard

Very nice! My computer is booked right now, but I really love the lighting you've achieved here.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

BlueRose

Hey thats a lovely image, can I make one comment about the lighting tho?

Im guessing its early morning light, and you have the pinks and purples SPOT ON, but the brightness is a bit strong, the mountain kinda pops out at me from the sky.  Early morning light even on a brisk winters day is still quite soft.

i have no idea how to tweak it in Terragen, and its lovely as it is, but softer light would bring a more realistic feel to it.  Or maybe the blue sky is a bit blue

heres an example of what I mean

http://www.widerange.org/photo.php?id=206&gallery=sawatch   

http://www.widerange.org/photo.php?id=829&gallery=patagonia

RogueNZ

Thanks for the feedback, i do tend to go overboard with brighten and contrast in photoshop. Heres the original, It maybe more to peoples taste

rcallicotte

Very good work.  Like an older color photo.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

Most excellent render, very realistic. I much prefer the lighting on the second one, a lot more natural.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

mr-miley

RogueNZ

I have a Dual 3GHZ Xeon 3GB RAM PC thats going to be on but not doing anything this weekend. If you want to send me your files I'll more than happily render it at full quality as large as I can get it. If you want me to PM me and I'll let you know where to send the bits  ;D

Miles

*EDIT*
Doh, didn't notice the little envelope under my avatar.... a direct link to my email address  ;D If I had half a brain....

Crystek

Thumbs up, especially at the very good trees  :)

RogueNZ

Mr-miley, did you get my email?

mr-miley

Rouge

Yep, got the email .... eventually, after finding it in my spam mail. Rendering as we speak  ;D

Miles

inkydigit

looking forward to see this bigger...very nice work!

mr-miley

Its coming, its coming  ;D I had to do some serious number crunching in work yesterday, so the render spent a fair bit of time paused. Its been going for 22 hours odd now, and is about 3/4 done. I'm rendering it at 1024 x 640, detail 1, AA3

Miles

PorcupineFloyd

Lightning is perfect.

I could help you render it at 3k x 2k for example but my PC i doing a render atm. It's been 100 hours now... 3600 x 2400 but this render time has to do something with populations (placement based on fractals). It shouldn't take so long on quad.

MacGyver

Quote from: PorcupineFloyd on November 04, 2008, 06:41:48 AM
Lightning is perfect.

I could help you render it at 3k x 2k for example but my PC i doing a render atm. It's been 100 hours now... 3600 x 2400 but this render time has to do something with populations (placement based on fractals). It shouldn't take so long on quad.

What are you rendering? Looking forward to see it ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

PorcupineFloyd

Quote from: MacGyver on November 04, 2008, 07:59:17 AM
Quote from: PorcupineFloyd on November 04, 2008, 06:41:48 AM
Lightning is perfect.

What are you rendering? Looking forward to see it ;)

I'm rendering a scene without a name so far. A mountain range (this time without show) covered with lots of trees and with some naked rock spaces. There's also a nice crazy cumulus on top of this mountain range and a lake in the middle.

As usual - hard to describe without the picture ;-) Well... I hope to see it in next 40 or 50 hours...

I'll make a thread for this image... if there won't be a power failure or something.