Sunrise V2 (Updated)

Started by RArcher, October 31, 2008, 09:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RArcher

Just a quick sort of messing around with lighting, clouds, atmosphere and exposure.

cyphyr

WOW stunning clouds, love it, very Speilburg!
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

j meyer

Yeah,cool effect! Please tell us a little bit more about it.

Mandrake

Pretty cool sky there Mr. Archer, it kind of looks like it's about to reach a flash point.

Oshyan

*Wow* is that cool! Love the wispy, almost luminescent clouds.

- Oshyan

inkydigit

very, very good effect here....how did you do that?....more please!!

rcallicotte

From a TG2 standpoint, I like the experimentation with the clouds.  From an art appreciation standpoint, I like the lighting and the viewpoint, to an extent. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Esgalachoir

Awesome, totally insane.  Can you tell me how long it took your system to render that?

efflux

The clouds are amazing. The rest is good too but I'm not sure it all fits together.

RArcher

Thanks for the comments!  Here is a second version that I think works far better.

The clouds have not changed, but I lowered the camera way down into the trees and compacted the view to just pick up the section of clouds that I thought worked the best.

The clouds are made up of three layers.  I first created a very large dark cloud which is at the highest elevation.  Underneath this I added two layers of wispy warped bright gray clouds masked by the big cloud.  Seemingly because of the lightness they really picked up on the light from the rising sun.

This second image took just shy of 24 hours on a slower two core system.

Vegetation includes common spruce and bushes from Lightnings free offerings and the Sweet Chestnut from floraworks3d.com

Thanks for taking a look!

Mohawk20

Very nice!
So you used the output from the first cloud as blending shader for the other two... how simple some things can be.
Howgh!

MacGyver

This is a nice new POV, though I like the first one better, just a personal preference. I really like the trees in V2, but I miss your incredible looking clouds quite a bit. I suppose there's now way you can combine the forest from the 2nd pic with the cloudscape of the 1st (apart from Photoshop ;D)? Nevertheless, really good! :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

rcallicotte

I love this last one, Archer.  Nice.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

inkydigit

second version is great too...can we have a node shot for the clouds(or a tgc??)