Raptor

Started by rcallicotte, November 01, 2008, 12:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

This could be a useful item to export to OBJ through the free DAZ Studio - http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=67698&WhatsNew=Y
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

if you want awesome jets and for free go here http://www.colacola.se/map_1.htm its awesome!

matrix2003

ooooohhhh !  These are fantastic!!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

Dude!!  Thanks Lightning!

Please notice that it's for non-commercial only.  I have already purchased the J-37 from this guy and the model has been awesome.  Used it in a image here once about a year ago.

Matt

Anders Lejczak's objects look pretty good - thanks for the link. The Mirage OBJ loads nicely into TG2, but I don't think it has any vertex normals so unfortunately it's not smooth in TG. Here are a couple of renders:

[attachthumb=1]
[attachthumb=2]

The surface shader is just a Default Shader using the provided colour texture and with some specularity. I didn't use the Multi Shader, but if I had I would have been able to use a different shader for the canopy. The light sources were positioned in TG using some trial and error. I increased contrast and/or made the images darker outside of TG.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

old_blaggard

Very nice results! I'll have to look at some of these!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

bigben

Quote from: Matt on November 03, 2008, 06:38:36 PM
Anders Lejczak's objects look pretty good - thanks for the link. The Mirage OBJ loads nicely into TG2, but I don't think it has any vertex normals so unfortunately it's not smooth in TG.

One word...  PoseRay ;)

These are pretty spectacular models. Currently running a test with a spitfire.

bigben

Here's the spitfire model after running the obj through PoseRay. The smoothing works very nicely.  The noise near the edge of the propeller was a leftover from an experimental mask to incorporate the propeller blur mask...  It'll have to wait for gradated transparency to work properly.

Detail 1, AA8 no GI (1 lame fill light)

dandelO

Nice, Ben. I have almost that exact same test .tgd. It had to be the Spitfire. ;)

bigben

The other good thing about going through Poseray is that you can make versions with and without landing gear in many instances by making the relevant group visible/invisible before exporting.... especially on one model where two sets of landing gear are visible.

Ogre

I worked out a way to simulate prop blur by making a new object and using the density function of the water shader.
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

Mandrake

Holy Turbo Prop Batman, nicely done Ogre!!

rcallicotte

I agree.  Ogre has done it again.  You always seem to find ways to do things in TG2 that I wouldn't have guessed it would do.  Good work.