WIP - Internal TG Waterfall

Started by dandelO, November 04, 2008, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

This is a test waterfall with terrain and water made inside TG2. A far nicer version of this idea will be in my vol.3 issue of my library.
I've only just started this project today so it'll probably look nothing like this by the time you get your hands on it.

Here's a progression of test renders from todays tinkering. The final one is getting close. Like I say, this is a test project so, once I've worked all this out for myself, I'll start from scratch to create a better library example.tgd. I'll pop it in my vol.3 folder and start on the next project.
I'm not sure I can give any descriptions yet of how I've made this but once I upload my vol.3 pack the full instructions will be with it.

[attachimg=#]

Cheers.

PG

How the hell?? Is this some new feature Planetside's keeping secret? ;D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mohawk20

Nope, it's called reflective shader and cloud shader and imagemap shader, as far as I can see. It's just the use of the right shaders with the right image map.
Unless he's testing the painted Shader from the Beta, of course, but then he wouldn't put it in his library yet.
Howgh!

dandelO

There's a reflective shader on the rocks, a terrain shader on the 'fall' and a water shader on the water falling over that terrain. (the waterfall is just a slightly bigger version of the terrain).
There are no image maps, as I said above, this is a TG internal waterfall, no imports.

I'll upload it when I can and give a full description of how I made it then. So far I only have 2 projects in vol.3. I'm going for 5 so, a week or two at most, I'd say.

inkydigit

looking very impressive this far...look forward eagerly to see this project grow!

Mohawk20

Quote from: dandelO on November 05, 2008, 04:50:08 AM
(the waterfall is just a slightly bigger version of the terrain).

Nifty!
Howgh!

chefc

Awesome project dandel0 pretty crafty to say the least
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

efflux

Mandrake

Looks great. Does the Sun have to be in just the right spot?
I'd like to see a combination mix of 3 & 4 please ;)
No pickles!
Still trying to knock out your river, must be at 170 hours now..

rcallicotte

Very nice ideas, DandelO.  You're so full of these, lately.   ;D

Thanks for your gracious exposure to your inventive work.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

Cheers, folks.

Mandrake: The sun can be anywhere at all, makes no difference than it would in a general scene, for light and shadows.

The 'terrain' and 'waterfall' are both just displaced TG planes floating 0.1m above the surface of the planet(you can still see the planet surface in the background, it has no shaders attatched except my default rock).

I'd still like a 'group objects' function so that only one parameter needs changing to move the whole thing, for now you need to change both objects co-ords to position the waterfall.

dandelO

Old topic indeed but I just noticed that this thread is in the Wiki. So, here's a link to a project file for this kind of setup. There is no descriptions in this thread so it isn't of much help coming here.

You can download the waterfall.tgd from page 3 in my Public Library thread. >> http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4922.0

Cheers!