Night Garden

Started by Renegade26, November 12, 2008, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30418909@N06/3025822821/sizes/o/

I hope you guys like??

I'm really enjoying trying to capture the peacefull nature of the nightime.

Zairyn Arsyn

me like alot- just as much as I like the night.

good angle, nice grasses, trees, and lighting.
but I think you could do something about the clouds

:) 8)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

lightning

very nice scene are they my black wallnut trees? personelly i dont think you need clouds maybe add some stars or something instead

inkydigit

commented at flickr, agree with lightning about the clouds/stars...!

Mohawk20

Stars are always good in night shots  ;)

Clouds... perhaps without...?
Howgh!

Renegade26

Thanks very much for your feedback chaps ; I thought it looked a little bare without the clouds though!

Cheers!

Mohawk20

Quote from: Renegade26 on November 13, 2008, 06:29:38 AM
I thought it looked a little bare without the clouds though!

Yeah, but stars will remedy that..
Howgh!

Mahnmut

As you may know, I also like stars.
But I think this looks like a moonlit night, not a starlit one, I like it the way it is.
Best Regards,
Jan

Mohawk20

But stars would still be faintly visible, wouldn't they?
Howgh!

Renegade26

Quote from: Mahnmut on November 14, 2008, 05:17:07 PM
As you may know, I also like stars.
But I think this looks like a moonlit night, not a starlit one, I like it the way it is.
Best Regards,
Jan

Brill!  It was supposed to be a moonlit scene. Realism indeed!

rcallicotte

I like the lighting and the point of view.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

This looks like one of those motion picture scenes that has been printed "Day for Night" at night, even under bright moon light (Cloudless night with a full moon) you would not see that much detail, if any thing at all unless there was some kind of artificial light near by.

Look out of a train window (By way of example) at night looking out at a known landscape that is familiar during daylight hours. I-have observed over the years that human vision is only able to see maybe a matter of a few feet for the train window, with an unlit landscape at night it is impossible to see much more then this into the impenetrable darkness.

Nice image, though  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel             

Matt

Looking out of a train window is not really a good way to look at a moonlit landscape ;) If you stand there for a few minutes without any light polution and let your eyes adjust, you can see a lot. Distance has nothing to do with it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

3DGuy

C-A: Nonsense. I live in an area where there's little or no light between the villages and when riding at night on a full moonlit night you can see for miles. It can be very bright and lots of details are to be seen. The render even seems dark compared to the full moon nightrides I've done around here :)

Cyber-Angel

Oh well don't shoot the messenger, I can only say what I have experienced my self and since I have been to vary few places in this world then I am sorry if what I said seams out of place with what others hold to be true form their own experience of such matters, and therefore bow to knowledge of better men then I.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel