closing a window within TG2, sometimes minimizes TG2

Started by moodflow, November 14, 2008, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

This is more of an annoyance, but something that will keep TG2 "polished up".

If you have a sub-window open within TG2, then close it (by hitting the X in the corner), it minimizes all of TG2.  If you have a ton of stuff going on within TG2, this can get annoying.   It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't been able to put my finger on exactly when it would do this.  It might have something to do with objects.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

reck

I've also noticed a couple of slightly strange things going on with dialogue/child windows as well. Sometimes the dialogue will disappear behind the main TG window. Like you I've also experienced the TG window minimising as well although I've  only started to notice this in the latest beta release.

RArcher

Here's another mildly annoying dialog issue:  You can no longer turn off the population counter warning messages from popping up.  Even when you uncheck the show warnings box and close the window, as soon as you get another warning it pops up again and is rechecked.

rcallicotte

I've never seen this.  Is it always or only under certain circumstances?

Quote from: moodflow on November 14, 2008, 09:32:41 AM
If you have a sub-window open within TG2, then close it (by hitting the X in the corner), it minimizes all of TG2. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

It's definitely not always, but it's happened to me more than once, in a few older versions, as well as the latest build...
Howgh!

dandelO

Similar to some issues I'm having with dialog windows and the render window disappearing behind the main TG app screen and needing 2 or three taskbar button clicks to restore them back to the top.

jo

Hi everyone,

It would really help if you could say what OS you were using when experiencing these problems.

Regards,

Jo

PG

I've never had the minimizing one I don't think but the dialog windows hiding behind the main window happens loads of times, I think always on density shaders, power fractals, that kind of thing. Only seems to be when using the node network. I'm using XP SP2 x86 and Vista Ultimate SP1 x64, happens the same on both.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

reck

Mohawk20

Howgh!

jo

Hi,

Are those of you having problems using network views/3D Previews/shader previews in separate windows at all? Or are you just using the one main window?

Regards,

Jo

lonewolf

I've had the closing problem too. Win2k sp5.
Another annoyance, when texturing objects I like to make the multi shader stay open while I open and close default shaders.
The annoying thing is that the default shaders want to open at the bottom of the multi shader, which in most cases is almost entirely off the screen. Any chance of windows defaulting to the centre of the TG window or screen? Something simple like that.

Iain

PG

When I open a new Navigation window, preview location, node network window, 3d preview, and undo history then switch between them, only the one I switch to remains visible. It happens when I open 3 or more. Also, if I open a new navigation window, then close it at some point, the integrated navigation panel in the main window turns into a white block meaning I have to use the navigation window until I restart TG2.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

lonewolf

The integration panel thing happens to me all the time. All i do is close the 3d view and re-open it.
The refresh seems to work. I guess it's not being redrawn properly.

Iain