beta issues with distribution shaders in old and new scenes

Started by coyote_01, November 16, 2008, 07:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote_01

hi all -

first post - and despite the issues i am still having fun

-the new beta seems to be stripping distribution shader data from scenes built in the previous version
in the worst case - using a tg model from the new world machine build nothing controlled by a distribution shader (literally - from simple color and bump map to trees and grass) will render except for the water and base heightfield model -

-additionally - in new scenes i seem to be having trouble controlling distribution starts and finishes - whether using simple layer or distribution layer - both function erratically when i try to introduce any kind of altitude control

- oddly enough - slope controls seem just fine

any replication of this from anyone?

have a good one

Mohawk20

Could you post a tgd file?
I'm not experiencing any of the things you mention. I use surface layer shaders though, so that might explain that.
Howgh!

coyote_01

hi mohawk
i'll post the file when i get back home this afternoon
regards
coyote

coyote_01

hi all

the problem has become a bit wierder - i have been experimenting and one distribution shader from the original file works - if i clone it - it works fine - if i make a new one or a new surface layer i cant set the lower altitude limits without it just simply disappearing - it seems a wee bit random - is it possible i have a busted install in some way - perhaps a broken table?

- my 3 year old is sick so i wont have a lot of time today to do anything with it - but i will experiment a little more and maybe try a fresh install - i will upload the results and tgd file this evening -

coyote

Oshyan

Did anything ever come of this? These are not problems I have seen myself nor have I seen any other reports of them.

- Oshyan