Where is the water?

Started by GarryFre, November 17, 2008, 01:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryFre

I've made a number of scenes with TG2 and I have never had any difficulty trying to get water to show up, by creating a lake object and adjusting the water level.

Why yesterday I created water no problem.

Not today!, it won't show up no matter what I try and I have learned that unless I learn why something is wrong, I will repeat the mistake over and over.

I can't figure out what is wrong. Please help!

tgd file included.
The world malfunctions in mysterious ways.

bigben

Water level is 9000... it's in the stratosphere  ;) 

Try starting at 340

Kevin F

Your water level was way too high. I've reduced it from 9000M to 400M and it appeared. I chose 400M simply because that was in the mid range of your mountain face as indicated by the y value as I moved the cursor over the preview image.
attached modified file.
Kevin.

GarryFre

Wow, this makes the second time the TG2 client saved a changes when I said exit without saving.

Strangely, I tried 350, 400 and it did not show up. Let me try 400 again.

Yep, it worked this time. Thanks folks. I especially liked the pointer about finding the elevations by running my cursor over the preview.  8)

Maybe I tried 400 and typed 4000 and didn't notice.

"Here I stand my face all red. Tried to mail a letter but opened it instead!"  ;D
The world malfunctions in mysterious ways.

Aagam

Quote from: GarryFre on November 17, 2008, 11:54:53 AM
Wow, this makes the second time the TG2 client saved a changes when I said exit without saving.

Ya this has happened to me too several times.

jo

Hi,

Quote from: GarryFre on November 17, 2008, 11:54:53 AM

Did you use the mouse and click the buttons or use the keys to dismiss the exit dialog?

Regards,

Jo