Hunting pack

Started by Kevin F, November 19, 2008, 03:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Here's an update to "lone wolf". He's not alone anymore!
@Calico - original wolfy is not stiff - he's stalking! (sounds like the parrot sketch) ;D
Comments welcome.

Renegade26

The snow is brilliant!

How did you acheive that effect?  I can see the fake stones but the rest?

rcallicotte

Much better.  Great setup, cool lighting and nice render.  I like the animal placement some better. 

It looks cold.  Good job!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PorcupineFloyd

Yes! This one's really great :)

And your snow is one of the best I've seen made in TG2 so far.

kaisersuzuki

Looks great!  As others have said incredibly realistic snow.

Saurav

Kevin F

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm quite pleased with the snow on his one. It's actually based one of the first TG2 scenes I made nearly two years ago. It's well worth revisiting old tgd's and updating them with the new features and improvements, not to mention all the techniques and tricks learned along the way.
I'm playing around with the snow method at the moments trying to get more control over placement etc. and will post the tgd when I'm happy with it. No big secret really, just a few layers and careful use of slope and altitude for the shaders. Final normal and terrain normal produced vastly different results in this scene, with terrain normal giving much better large dumps of snow.
I'll be back.

efflux

Mandrake

Very cool work with the snow, makes me wonder if it was done by some off road trucks or snowmobiles. I like the melt and refreeze in that one part.
Where it turned to ice. Excellent layout.