Wild Flower Meadow

Started by RArcher, November 20, 2008, 12:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RArcher

Another meadow render using Floraworks plants.  Combined mixture of Caucasian Fir, Douglas Fir, American Larch, Tulips, and Grasses.  This one took around 14 hours to render at 0.85 detail, 12 AA. 

darthvader

first post! I love the colors, they remind me of a photo taken back in the day. My only critiques would be that the flowers look too tall compared to the grass and their distribution is too regular and could use some more clumping. Other than that, great work ;D

inkydigit

love the trees, agree with DV about the flowers...still great job!

FrankB

I recommend to keep tweaking this some more. The overall impression is very nice, but
1 - you seem to have turned of rotation of population instances for the grass. Looks like the field has been combed.
2 - I'd work on the cloud shapes some more, and maybe on they fractal distribution.
3 - the colors could be a little more "dynamic", but that may have been your intention.

other than that, lovely scene!

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

The lighting is incredible.  What did you do in the Environment settings, lighting and GI?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

Quote from: darthvader on November 20, 2008, 12:28:14 AM
My only critiques would be that the flowers look too tall compared to the grass and their distribution is too regular and could use some more clumping. Other than that, great work ;D

Maybe it's a poppy plantation?! ;D
Great lighting!
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

old_blaggard

Great job! You're really making our plants shine ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

PG

Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mandrake

[/quote]

Maybe it's a poppy plantation?! ;D

[/quote]

I instantly thought of the wizard of oz, and the poppies and flying monkeys. hehe

efflux

I like the dreamy look of this. I also like the foreground because it isn't totally natural but a bit surreal.