Tropical Island - Finished

Started by RogueNZ, November 20, 2008, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueNZ

I now consider this finished, unless someone gives me a good reason to change something. I sorta wanna get outside and enjoy the sunshine now :D (jokes).

The trees are Horsechestnut and the new ones on the shore are palm trees, both of which I believe were kindly made available by mr-miley  :) Thanks very much.

Thanks for your views and comments  ;D

darthvader

inkydigit

I like this alot...especially the reef...not sure about the clouds...seem to dense/sharp...still well done!

rcallicotte

Very nice.  Let's go swimming!

I agree with inky about the clouds, but these things can be so subjective.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

I really like this image. I feel like the clouds work well, and the detail and realism of the island is great. It's been nice watching this image grow from something that was merely OK to something that is really quite striking.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

RogueNZ

Thanks for your comments. I can see what you mean about the clouds. I did want something softer, but i also wanter them to have nice contrasting shadows, and whenever i tried i could never get both at the same time (not that the shadows are particularly good anyway). I did so many test renders but i still couldn't get them just right, but these were good enough i feel  :)

Blonderator

Beautiful island :)

You need to lower the exposure on the render camera though. All your images are washed out. They're way too bright.

Oshyan

Lovely image. I like how you've incorporated the off-shore reef very well. My only criticism would be it's too sharp. You could probably use a better antialiasing filter to fix this easily. Slightly less exposure might give more detail in the clouds too, but it is also nice as it is, with the brightness adding to the sunny, tropical look.

- Oshyan

RogueNZ

Thanks for all your comments, I may revisit this in the future but for now i'm content  ;D