Burnt Sunfire

Started by PG, November 25, 2008, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

Here's a render I was doing before the beta. Nothing special. I actually spent quite a lot of time on the terrain but I liked the lighting so I thought, screw the terrain, I've never been that good with it anyway ;D
Still, it feels like something's missing. Maybe some terrain :D Any suggestions would be welcome.

Edit: Forgot to give DandelO due thanks for his procedural night sky. Thank you.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Esgalachoir

Awesome colors and atmosphere.  Some terrain would be pretty sweet, though I can't imagine what kind it would be.  Perhaps you could use some luminosity techniques to get some lava going?  You could use some lava rivers to get some definition in there, and for a focal point, perhaps one or two really big jagged mountains off to the side?

RogueNZ

Awesome colors, some lava in the foreground would be wicked too  :D

dandelO

Looks great. Lovely burning light effect and atmosphere gradient!
I'd up the luminosity of the stars and paint a mask on the background object to remove the stars from the bright corona of light and make them only visible in the darkest part of the sky.
Other than that, I don't think it even needs an interesting terrain to be effective, when I look at it I feel too high up to think I should be able to make out terrain details, a hint is nice but maybe a different type of hint, I'm not keen on the leaning mounds you have going on.
Nice job.

PG

Those are canyons. I was trying to do something similar to antelope canyon, just not as tight because it's not a ground shot.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

Great lighting.  Excellent render of the atmosphere.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Marcos Silveira

Oh I laugh so much at your comments ("screw the terrain")!!! heheheh
Nice image!!!