The Victor

Started by Kevin F, November 26, 2008, 03:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

A nasty one for you!
Doesn't really work that well but what the heck? Blood is so hard to get right.
I quite like the background on this one though so I might re-do without the wolves etc.
Comments welcome

PG

Oh I don't know. I think the wolves are a nice touch. Savagery on beauty. They look a little shiney though, plus I don't get why the blood is dragged off to both sides. Did he drag the other one to the right and then realise he was off camera ;D The main thing to do I think is make the snow look a little more crunchy. It looks more vanilla at the minute. This might work
Quote from: Lucio on February 09, 2007, 01:48:55 PMThen we have another child surface, named Snow_grainy surface: this is another surface layer with max slope constraint set on a bit lower value than the others, to limit his action on top of the snow. It creates a fuzzy and grainy surface using a power fractal shader as displacement function, with very small values.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Kevin F

Quote from: PG on November 26, 2008, 04:57:20 AM
Oh I don't know. I think the wolves are a nice touch. Savagery on beauty. They look a little shiney though, plus I don't get why the blood is dragged off to both sides. Did he drag the other one to the right and then realise he was off camera ;D The main thing to do I think is make the snow look a little more crunchy. It looks more vanilla at the minute. This might work
Quote from: Lucio on February 09, 2007, 01:48:55 PMThen we have another child surface, named Snow_grainy surface: this is another surface layer with max slope constraint set on a bit lower value than the others, to limit his action on top of the snow. It creates a fuzzy and grainy surface using a power fractal shader as displacement function, with very small values.

Thanks for the comments. The blood was very hard to place, it's a layer of fake stones with very limited alt/slope values because I don't know much about using masks etc.
The snow is supposed to be melting and I think it looks right for what I needed. I"m familiar with the embossed look and might give it a try here.

MacGyver

How many gallons of blood were in that wolve? It's splattered all across the landscape! ;D

I like the snow on the hill to the right best! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

cyphyr

This is looking good, (I might even steal your snow heheb but make it crunchier :))
I agree about the shininess of the wolves. These are from Poser if I remember rightly which if you have an up to date version dose fur and hair quite well. See if you can match the lighting and camera positions and try a composite render using the best aspects of each app.
Good luck
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Marcos Silveira

Love it!!! Ok, I see it this way: they began fighting from left to right then got back a little and ended that position. It really added realism to me...