Chase Me Charlie....Foxtrot Alpha

Started by mr-miley, November 28, 2008, 08:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Haven't posted anything for a while so here goes

3 atmospheric fighters having a bit of a race down a canyon.... I'm going to post 2 versions, 1 with minor tweaks (tone curves etc) from PhotoPaint from the bitmap render and the second tweaked in Photoshop (yeach) from the EXR render (just exposure)

Hope you like. C&C welcome

May do more to this....  ???

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

mr-miley

Second one from the EXR.

cyphyr

I prefer the second one, looks more tonally balanced, but are the fighters a little large for that canyon?
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mohawk20

We REALLY need motion blur on objects....

Great objects though, and I love the detail in the terrain!
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Oh.  Mr. Miley.  Good work.  A little blur to the moving objects would cap this into perfection.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

inkydigit

boy that's a squeeze!...nice shot...motion blur would help for sure!

mr-miley

Ta for the comments. I did a motion blur version, but lets be honest applying it to a static pic never works that well  >:( As for the tight squeeze... well spotted. I was after a claustrophobic type feel. I had a picture in my head of a VERY narrow canyon (canyon is probably too strong a word, not big enough for that, more of a dry river bed / fissure) with the craft shooting down it at rediculous speed. N.O.E flying with a vengence  ;D The type of thing you would see in a SCI FI film, maybe one of the later Star Wars films... hell, it could even be Beggars Canyon (sorry, sad enough to remember that from the original).

Anyway, still working on this, though my changes may not make it to post, depends on how they come out. Crap motion blur version below. (Mohawk20, you are sooo right)

Miles

sanosoke

Hi, and just to say I don't write on this board much so don't be surprised that you don't know me, I hope my comment is still valid.

I would suggest playing around with the size of the crafts. I know you want the craft details to pop out, but I think it would be a much more effective image with smaller aircrafts (the surrounding area will also look a lot larger which it sounds like you would like)

Doing that would help the composition a LOT and also allow you to add more details to the terrain which I think could also be used.
I would get rid of the motion blur though, it is definitely needed to make the ships look in motion, but here it doesn't really work, it just makes them look. . .well, blurry

Good luck
Sacha

rcallicotte

Shadows need blur...otherwise, this is looking a lot better.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?