ice statue

Started by Kevin F, December 02, 2008, 06:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

here's one inspired by DandelO's challenge to find out how he made his "Of a craft" roof.
Didn't make his roof but I think this is worthy enough.
Care to guess how it was made?

dandelO

Ha ha, judging by the weather, it's been shot down when it got to Scotland. We fear change! ;)

A rescaled rock with fractal displacement added would give you the cracks if smooth normals wasn't checked. And I think it's a clear water shader to follow. I think the wave scale is making the concentric ring pattern.

inkydigit

dunno how you did it?
but it looks cool!
:)

cyphyr

Looks 'kin cold :)
Yeah Scotch airspace is a no-fly zone, enter at peril:)
Yeah I'd agree about the shaders.
rich
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

Cool...I mean, neato.   :D   Seriously, nice work.  It would be really cool to have a bunch of little green creatures pouring around the base.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mhaze

Nice, I expect it to explode into a million pieces at any second!

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

MacGyver

Quote from: calico on December 02, 2008, 07:42:05 AM
Cool...I mean, neato.   :D   Seriously, nice work.  It would be really cool to have a bunch of little green creatures pouring around the base.   ;D

Looks very X-Files like! :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

chefc

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Kevin F

Here's a variation on the same method as the ice statue but with one extra shader.
The method is SO simple - a rescaled rock with 1000 faces (as suggested by DandelO), but no water shader at all! Just apply the strata and outcrops shader to the rock followed by the reflective shader -that gives the ice statue, for the "craft" thing I placed a twist and shear shader before the outcrops shader. The higher the lean factor the more levels of stretched length you get.
I don't know what this thing here is but I think it looks nice!
Comments welcome.

Mohawk20

Great experiments!
That last one looks like an engine from a Star Wars Pod racer...
Howgh!

Kevin F

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 03, 2008, 05:37:51 AM
Great experiments!

Thanks.
Yeah I suppose the red glow adds to the engine look. I might try and add a rider to this, just for fun of course!
I love the way this program is so versatile, allowing realistic photographic quality renders and at the same time surreal images of incredible quality.
I'd really like users to experiment with these settings and come up with novel images.
I've got some ideas involving "ice" like structures in snowscapes. So much to do so little time!.

MacGyver

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 03, 2008, 05:37:51 AM
Great experiments!

It thought that as well! Ok, so I have to go with the interdimensional wormhole since you were faster with that idea :P
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Oshyan

That is super cool!

- Oshyan