Tide - 6 AM - The doodling continues

Started by FrankB, December 03, 2008, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

doodling around with my new machine:

[attachimg=#]

FrankB

took just ~hour at quality 1, AA6, GI 2/2. That's how it should be :D
And that is, the shader's are doing some complex stuff, too, although you cannot notice most of it in this particularly dark scene.

Frank

JimB

Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

FrankB

rcallicotte

Brilliant doodle!!

This is very good and one hour means you can start really experimenting with some outlandish and huge renders.

Waiting...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

schmeerlap

What's the spec of your "new machine" Frank? That'll give us an idea how long this scene would take to render on ours.

Regards
John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

FrankB

Quote from: schmeerlap on December 03, 2008, 09:54:00 AM
What's the spec of your "new machine" Frank? That'll give us an idea how long this scene would take to render on ours.

Regards
John

John, look here for the machine specs: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=5310.0

Regards,
Frank

cyphyr

hey its great when you can finally start leveraging the power of TG, you already create outstanding work, now you have the power to let you imagination fly :)
Have fun
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

FrankB

Quote from: cyphyr on December 03, 2008, 10:36:18 AM
hey its great when you can finally start leveraging the power of TG, you already create outstanding work, now you have the power to let you imagination fly :)
Have fun
richard

Thanks Richard! This machine really is a revelation for me, with regards to TG2. In all truth, I have refrained from large, high quality renders in the past 2 years, primarily because of the lame old machine. Also, developing images to the finest detail was no fun either. You know how it is, hundreds of crop renders before the final.... if these take too long, my imagination falls asleep. And it's true that now it's so much different. In other words, TG2 was built for a computing power of the Core i7 or more - this has become apparent to me. Like the old TG0.8 was too slow for my ancient AMD K-something back in 1999/2000, and only when I upgraded to an Athlon with 1 GHZ (yey) it got close to becoming usable :D

Regards,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Nice doodle indeed ;D
Love the lighting on the clouds, great colors. The water is fine too. Terrain and fake stones could use some more work though,...however this was more of a machine-test ;D

Martin

FrankB

Next doodle. Similair scene.

[attachimg=#]

moodflow

You've got those sunset clouds down perfectly.  Very nice work.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

MacGyver

Quote from: inkydigit on December 03, 2008, 08:37:13 AM
nice doodle, Frank!

I read two 'n's  :-[ ;D

Very nice mood :)

This is great, please don't stop doodling! ;D :o
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

FrankB

Quote from: MacGyver on December 03, 2008, 03:24:19 PM
Quote from: inkydigit on December 03, 2008, 08:37:13 AM