7 AM - now the final

Started by FrankB, December 04, 2008, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

next one.

[attachimg=#]

Mohawk20

That lighting is great... love the clouds. Very realistic!
Howgh!

FrankB

@Mohawk

interesting... I'm now writing from my notebook. On this display, the image is too dark. There have been many more details visible on the other screen. I shall adjust the image a little further later.

MacGyver

Great, I especially like the trees in the foreground, very realistic! :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Mohawk20

Quote from: FrankB on December 04, 2008, 03:12:15 PM
@Mohawk

interesting... I'm now writing from my notebook. On this display, the image is too dark. There have been many more details visible on the other screen. I shall adjust the image a little further later.

Yeah, I had to reduce the Gamma of my monitors from standard to -50 (it's only -50, 0 or 50) to get the right lightness for image creation. Had to find that out the hard way, since a postersize printout came from the store way to dark...
Howgh!

FrankB

another version of the same, slightly smaller this time... couldn't resist trying fog/clouds above the river. They didn't come out the way I liked them to be, so I must go back and improve that.

[attach=#]

Mohawk20

The lightness of the highlights is good, but the shadows could be darker. That's what helped the realism in the previous image...
Howgh!

FrankB

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 05, 2008, 05:27:32 AM
The lightness of the highlights is good, but the shadows could be darker. That's what helped the realism in the previous image...

I see, thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,
Frank

MacGyver

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 05, 2008, 05:27:32 AM

Absolutely, just thought the same! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

FrankB

I am still trying to improve the lighting setup even further, so bear with me.

Frank

moodflow

Looks fantastic Frank! Can't wait to see more.   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

Looking good.  I'm late on comments, but everyone is spot on.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

It's great to be able to help each other like this. I've been trying to get that realistic lighting fir ever, and just don't get it perfect. You had it, so that helped me as well...
Howgh!

FrankB

Here's another version, but I hate the result. I totally messed up the terrain on the right, and the clouds suck. Have to get back to the original version and try not to break the strong points of the image. Do you have that from time to time as well? That an image gets worse the more you try to improve it? I certainly do!

Cheers,
Frank

[attach=#]

zhotfire

I agree with Mohawk on the lighting... in the second image the light seems to bounce around and penetrate the trees much more than it should. Maybe strike a balance between the first and second? I like the dramatic clouds near the sun in the third, but you're right about the rest of it.  ;)