7 AM - now the final

Started by FrankB, December 04, 2008, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

OK, here comes the final. I am very satisfied with it now, to be honest. I've kept the original sky, but pulled the trees nearer to the river and added a little bit of fog on the water.
Thanks for helping with your recommendations. I will move on to the next project.

Frank

[attachimg=#]

Mohawk20

Yes, it's only a little bit brighter, so it retains the shadows, and the fog adds just that little bit extra, as do the extra trees near the water. Not having the tree up close might be an improvement as well...

All in all a VERY nice end result!
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Good work Frank!
I think you've made the best possible for this scene. Can't think of any further improvements so far besides some touchups for the terrain maybe. Think you can do better :)
I don't agree with Mohawk about the trees up close. It adds depth to the image and also functions as a kind of "introduction" which draws the viewer to its main focus, 7 AM.
How did you influence the strength of the shadows on the trees? I presume you used the Enviro Light settings to increase GI strength for this, but maybe something else?

Martin

FrankB

thanks!

Now, the fact that the trees in the foreground are gone have happened (I think) because I have accidentally moved the population slightly. But then in the end, I am ok with that, because I still believe that none of the models I've seen so far are good for close-ups - they all look quite CG (at least for normal people, non Terrgeneers, if you will).
Yeah, the rock still isn't spectacular, but then, I'm also not very good at these things.

Cheers,
Frank

RogueNZ