Inner Travellers

Started by lightning, December 07, 2008, 04:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

here is a new image i have just finished
i quite like how the lighting came out. there is about 50 hours of rendering all together
enjoy

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

etherial version

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

RogueNZ

Very well done, but i cant quite make out what those people down the bottom are doing :P

lightning

they are taking samples of a rock i know i painted them in ps kinda sucky!!

Marcos Silveira

Holly Shit!!! :o

Loved, definitely the kind of image I like!!!!
I can see that gigantic moon been torn apart by the intense gravitational forces involved!!! They must leave immediately. One of those kilometer wide "pebbles" may fall at anytime!!   

zhotfire

Fantastic work  8) Great scifi theme  :)

Mohawk20

I really like the rockface! Nothing to complain about... great sense of proportion.
Howgh!

MacGyver

WAAAH!!! Get out there! :o :o :o
Exceptionally dramatic scene! I'm really frightened by the sheer size of that moon / something. Very well done!
PS: Has anyone played the game "The Dig"? Dunno, somehow reminds me a bit of it, may well be the overall theme ;D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dig
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Tangled-Universe

Agree with everyone here, great sense of scales here. The colorscheme isn't really my favorite but I really like how you achieved the lighting.
How much postwork did you perform on this image? The lighting on the far left near the diffuse glowing bloom is really good! (no one noticed?)

Martin

rcallicotte

Great scale, great texturing, great idea.  Excellent lighting.  Love the characters, too.  Feels like a story in the works.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

thanks guys ;D
i didnt do much post work at all really the reason the lighting is so strong is because its an exr file that i ran through photomatix tonemapping it really makes a difference to your images!

otakar

Hmm, I can see no link and no thumbnail. Wonder why...

Volker Harun

Wonderful image - I relly like the atmospheres.