Lake - WIP (Update: 18/12/08)

Started by GioMez, December 16, 2008, 02:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GioMez

My last image (The River has Grown) seems to have some problems during the rendering... So I decided to make a new one while I try to find where are the problems in the old one ;D

It's a sort of WIP... I'm not fully satisfied.
detail 0,75
AA 5
GI 3/3 Supersample: ON -- GI SD: OFF
C&C welcome!

EDIT: I almost forgot! Trees and grass by Floraworks! Exept for the grass clumps generated inside TG2. Terrain made in L3DT 2.7 beta1

lonewolf

Nice POV and terrain. The trees and grass look good. The rocks need some work. Overall looking good.

Iain

chefc

Agree with Iain the rocks are a bit much , perhaps limiting the population or utilize the rock library
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

schmeerlap

Nice lakeside scene.
Yep, rocks need some texture, and maybe some smaller stones as well. You could also mask the centre of the lake, and other patches, so rocks don't appear so universally distributed.
John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

GioMez

Version 2 ;) based on your suggestions

rcallicotte

@GioMez, very good.  The clouds could be a little different in my opinion, but it's sort of subjective.  If it was me, I'd want the clouds to be a bit less dense.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Ah very pleasant image so far!

I agree a little with calico about the cloud density, though I don't find it really disturbing.

For that extra touch of realism you might try to increase the density of the background tree-populations on the mountains.
Maybe you could also try to make the lighting a bit more dramatic. The image lacks a bit of contrast somehow, although the lighting is good already.

Martin

MacGyver

Agree with TU. Beautiful scenery :)
The grass looks a bit too CG for my taste but that's a thing I often notice, so nothing to worry about ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine