Painting clouds with the Painted Shader. - Link updated

Started by Mr_Lamppost, December 29, 2008, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

Not strictly a file share but I thought this was the best place to put it.  In response to a thread over on Ashundar I have written a guide/tutorial on how to use a plane object and Painted shader to let you control the position of clouds by painting in the sky.  I was in here a few days ago and noticed several discussions about the same thing but have not been able to find those threads again tonight.  Dumbo; should have taken more notice of the topic titles.

Anyhow here's the link:

www.ironworld.org/mr_lamppost/TG2/guides/paintsky.htm

Mr Lamppost has moved. Here's the new link:

http://www.mrlamppost.com/tg2/guides/paintsky.htm

Any comments and or suggestions are always welcome.

NOTE:  The Mr_LAMPPOST  pages have to compete with many things for my time so are very much under construction.  Most of the links go nowhere as yet.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

mogn

Thanks for a very good tutorial for the Painted Shader.
How do you turn off the paint mode in the prewiev?

Mr_Lamppost

The option to stop painting and exit the Painted shder is at the bottom of the small menu above the 3D preview that you used to enter Paint mode.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Alf15000

Tiles

Excellent one. Many thanks :)

Hmm, as a sidequestion, is there a way to load a blend image instead painting it? I tried the Imagemap shader. But that one blends relative to camera, not relative to cloud layer. So that one is of no use here.

schmeerlap

An well structured and easy to follow tutorial. Thankyou.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on December 29, 2008, 08:38:15 PM
Not strictly a file share but I thought this was the best place to put it.  In response to a thread over on Ashundar I have written a guide/tutorial on how to use a plane object and Painted shader to let you control the position of clouds by painting in the sky.  I was in here a few days ago and noticed several discussions about the same thing but have not been able to find those threads again tonight.  Dumbo; should have taken more notice of the topic titles.

Anyhow here's the link:

www.ironworld.org/mr_lamppost/TG2/guides/paintsky.htm

Mr Lamppost has moved. Here's the new link:

http://www.mrlamppost.com/tg2/guides/paintsky.htm

Any comments and or suggestions are always welcome.

NOTE:  The Mr_LAMPPOST  pages have to compete with many things for my time so are very much under construction.  Most of the links go nowhere as yet.

Glad I remembered this thread as I'm experimenting with the defult plane and this tute has the info I forgot and lost whn my computers got stolen...thanks again for this.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist