Money and the price of the Euro

Started by Mohawk20, December 30, 2008, 04:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

The topic title could be the title of a book...

Did you guys notice how the Euro keeps climbing in value? We know it surpassed the Dollar a while back, but now it's almost the same value as the British Pound!
I just bought some Doctor Who books on Amazon.co.uk, and the total was £22,45 which is €22,94. So that's only 49 cents difference...
How long before 'we' get ahead of the British?

(And where on the keyboard is the the Pound sign?)
Howgh!

old_blaggard

My immediate guess would be that it's a combination of the value of the Euro going up and the value of the Pound Sterling falling.

Also, good choice on getting Doctor Who books ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

Mohawk you should be able to find the British pound sign in the Windows Character Map: Accessories > System Tools > Character Map, Tick Advanced View, select "Unicode Sub range" form the Group By Listbox and form the Group By Popup select Currency: If you don't do this you may need to do some looking it should be in there some where if on font dose not have it another might.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

Mohawk20

Quote from: old_blaggard on December 30, 2008, 06:17:47 PM
My immediate guess would be that it's a combination of the value of the Euro going up and the value of the Pound Sterling falling.
Yes, should be something like that. But why should the pound be falling?
Indeed  ;) the books in case are respectively 20, 21 and 22 of the New series adventures, starring David and Freema as The Doctor and Martha. It also seems that the new season doesn't include a companion for the doctor, as the newest covers show David on his own...

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on December 30, 2008, 07:02:40 PM
Mohawk you should be able to find the British pound sign in the Windows Character Map: Accessories > System Tools > Character Map, Tick Advanced View, select "Unicode Sub range" form the Group By Listbox and form the Group By Popup select Currency: If you don't do this you may need to do some looking it should be in there some where if on font dose not have it another might. 

I was just looking for the [shift] or [alt] shortcut, like [alt]+5 for the € sign..
Howgh!

Cyber-Angel

Sorry, try ALT+0163

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel ;D

old_blaggard

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 30, 2008, 07:09:54 PM
Yes, should be something like that. But why should the pound be falling?
Probably because of the worldwide economic slump. I've got the impression that the Euro-using countries were less hard hit than most others.
Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 30, 2008, 07:09:54 PM
Indeed  ;) the books in case are respectively 20, 21 and 22 of the New series adventures, starring David and Freema as The Doctor and Martha. It also seems that the new season doesn't include a companion for the doctor, as the newest covers show David on his own...
That's odd. David and Freema are definitely the best pair thus far; I wasn't a huge fan of the Doctor-Donna. Unfortunately, though, it looks like Tennant's run is just about up: he's doing three specials in 2009, and then he's out.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mohawk20

Quote from: old_blaggard on December 30, 2008, 08:03:48 PM

That's odd. David and Freema are definitely the best pair thus far; I wasn't a huge fan of the Doctor-Donna. Unfortunately, though, it looks like Tennant's run is just about up: he's doing three specials in 2009, and then he's out.

Shame, David is definitely the best doctor thus far.
Howgh!