Previous topic - Next topic

Saurav

My first one for the year. ;D

17.5 hrs on a Quad Core 3Ghz
Detail 1, AA 8, GI 2/2
Terrain: DEM

Tangled-Universe

Wow man, awesome work!

The lenticular cloud is cool, but I think it's way too sharp and dense. Perhaps you could try to improve that?
How did you do it? I think you made a mask for positioning and then use very large scale fractals with high contrast and low roughness and noise variation?

The clouds in the midground are a bit too big in feature size I think. In the foreground you can see that the billows become too big.
The cloud shapes etc. are just fine :)
I think the sense of scale will improve by adjusting this.

The sense of scale is already awesome by the way :) Perfect size and density of trees.
I love the way you've built up the depth by adding a foreground snowsurface.

Martin

nvseal

Very impressive scene as usual. I basically agree with everthing Martin said. You always do a fantastic job of capturing the scale of a scene too.

old_blaggard

Very nice work! I agree with the above.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

schmeerlap

Potentially a spectacular scene. I agree with T-U; the lenticular cloud is too well defined (kinda looks like a spaceship as is). A crop render there with less density and softer edge definition will fix it.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Saurav

Thanks for comments and crits guys, I will work on a new version with the improvements suggested.

TU: I did start off the project using masking techniques but ended up using painted shader for position and distribution, found it much easier. Your right about the fractals settings.  ;D

I agree in full about the mid ground cloud scale, I only noticed it after the full render.

I will probably add a few more layers on the lenticular clouds and cover more of the mountain with it.

Thanks again,
Saurav

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Saurav on January 02, 2009, 05:07:43 PM
Thanks for comments and crits guys, I will work on a new version with the improvements suggested.

TU: I did start off the project using masking techniques but ended up using painted shader for position and distribution, found it much easier. Your right about the fractals settings.  ;D

I agree in full about the mid ground cloud scale, I only noticed it after the full render.

I will probably add a few more layers on the lenticular clouds and cover more of the mountain with it.

Thanks again,
Saurav

In my eyes the painted shader is also masking ;)

Looking forward to see your update on this one. Think it is worth perfectioning!

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Saurav

Here is the updated version.

The lenticular clouds cover more of the mountain, also decreased the density and the sharpness of the cloud. I'm happy with the look of this now and will rest this project. Time to move on to something else.  ;D

Seth

nvseal

Really great stuff. Everything seems to be spot on.  8)

RArcher

I wouldn't even know where to start with how fantastic this is.  Everything is controlled perfectly.  Truly amazing.

old_blaggard

Yup, fantastic work. This is one of the best mountain scenes, and also one of the best all-around scenes that I've seen in a long time. Congratulations!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

RogueNZ

Absolutely stunning dude, the best i've seen tg2 produce

schmeerlap

Immense sense of scale, and those clouds are the business. Choice gallery quality.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.