WIP for LOTR from arisdemos

Started by arisdemos, January 12, 2009, 03:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisdemos

This is more Hildebrandt than hollywood, but it is my best take on Rivendel. Terrain is from BigBen's Grand Canyon series, and trees are from Xfrog and Ashundar. I would still like some white water under the millrace, and the Elven Inn addition has not been tgo'd yet. Maybe not enough time left to finish this. Any C and C welcome.[attachimg=#]

arisdemos

Sorry I missed the attachment option on the first post.

rcallicotte

Should the trees on the back mountains be smaller...and maybe more of them?  The back mountains that are light-tan seem without depth.  This might be due to what seems to be luminosity.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

arisdemos

Calico: I posted this image as a record of my TG2 foundation for the LOTR render verification, and as very much a WIP.  I won't have enough time (befor Jan. 15th) to add the improvements we have both mentioned, but I will continue to work on this piece further. I like the basic composition that is emerging, and I think this project has already pushed me to learn about setting up age and species related tree distribution via input/examples provided on this forum. I see potential for developing my extended TG2 skills kit even further as I tackle the Rivendel's water challenges.

Befor I am done I may transfer the whole set-up to another terrain, possibly to tolkien's original swiss area. I think this is the exact riverine environment to put TG2 water tools and other available work arounds to a test. Thank you for gettng me interested in this LOTR graphic adventure.

rcallicotte

arisdemos - If you need more time, now is the time to let us know.  I asked here - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=5354.msg57135#msg57135 if anyone needed more time.  This way we can assess where everyone is at in this thing.

Mine is still rendering (over 80 hours already) and I need to do some postwork.  So...if others need an extension until January 31st, I'm open to the idea.  I am doing what I can to complete mine by the 15th, nevertheless.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?