Deep Canyon

Started by Kranky, January 17, 2009, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kranky

Hello,

here is my new image :) I rendered it twice - with and without fog. After that, I mixed them in Photoshop, because I could not decide, which looks better.
The image with fog I rendered on my new Core i7 920 and I can fully recommend this CPU: 1920x1200, detail 0,9, 5x AA in under 3 hours.  :) :) :)

Jens

Saurav

Very nice displacements on the canyon walls.

FrankB

excellent displacements, especially on the left foreground!
And congratulations to the i7 - good that now I'm no longer the only one recommending it.... makes me appear more truthful about it :-)

Frank

rcallicotte

Great textures and displacements.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PorcupineFloyd

Yes, beautiful displacements and textures. Water transparency is this neat, warm addition which I like most in art :)

efflux

Nice stratified rocks but what I like most is the change in colour nearer the water. This kind of thing adds realism.

Tangled-Universe

Cool displacements!
I agree with everybody else about the water, the beer's law change of color adds to the realism. However, when I look at the type of rocks etc. I'd chose a slightly more browner color. On the other hand, it could be some kind of algae growing there :)

Mr_Lamppost

WOW! Those displacements are very well done. 

I may have chosen a different fade colour for the water but otherwise this image is spot on, very realistic.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

choronr

A very riveting scene! Your displacements yield details everywhere you look.