Canadian memories

Started by PorcupineFloyd, January 19, 2009, 03:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PorcupineFloyd

From my "Canada" series.

This time (finally) Terragen renders - 5 and 6.

Same scene but different POV. 6 rendered way smaller as this POV requires more computing.

EDIT: DA links in case someone would like to download those pictures in bigger res. - Canada 5 and Canada 6. Click "Download" on each page for big picture.

timtierney

Looks Amazing.  Good sense of distance.

Mohawk20

The clouds are super realistic, great work!

The hill looks a bit too smooth, but then I've never been to Canada...
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

I really like the second one. Very good render quality. Nice trees and great clouds.
The only thing you should really improve is the scale of the water. You should make it at least 3 times smaller or maybe even more to match them to the size of the trees and hills/mountains.
Then add a tiny bit more haze and the sense of scale and depth will be amazing probably.

Martin

PorcupineFloyd

Thanks for comments everyone!

Yes, I still need some practice to make interesting displacements on areas without vegetation.

And what about this water - It's the same water as in C5 but yes - in this case scale is a bit too big.
What kind of haze are you referring to? Atmosphere haze or fake cumulus haze on some specific height?

PG

Yeah the second one is the best, I love the water in both. The colours are brilliant and I reckon the scale is ok.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: PorcupineFloyd on January 19, 2009, 04:46:52 PM
Thanks for comments everyone!

Yes, I still need some practice to make interesting displacements on areas without vegetation.

And what about this water - It's the same water as in C5 but yes - in this case scale is a bit too big.
What kind of haze are you referring to? Atmosphere haze or fake cumulus haze on some specific height?

Well, at second sight/thought I think the haze is fine. Adding more will end up in losing detail.
I meant atmospheric haze by the way.

Quote from: PG on January 19, 2009, 04:53:01 PM
Yeah the second one is the best, I love the water in both. The colours are brilliant and I reckon the scale is ok.

I just don't agree, sorry.

When choosing scales I always imagine someone swimming in the water and when I do that (sounds ridiculous but I really do) with this picture the trees will look like bushes. :)

PorcupineFloyd

After reading your comments and having a second look on Canada 6 I think that wave scale might be ok (maybe a little lower) but then a number of waves should be limited and that might be a hard thing to do.

Or hm... It's a lake after all, not a windy sea.

I'll have to rework the water someday.

Saurav

Great renders, both very realistic. Water scale issue aside, it could also do with some shores/beach in places.

rcallicotte

This is fine work.  Very realistic and beautiful, too.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

They look like photographs to me! :o
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

PG

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 19, 2009, 04:58:21 PM

When choosing scales I always imagine someone swimming in the water and when I do that (sounds ridiculous but I really do) with this picture the trees will look like bushes. :)

Depends on the size of the person.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

PorcupineFloyd

Quote from: PG on January 20, 2009, 03:26:49 PM

You made my day PG - thank you :D

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: PG on January 20, 2009, 03:26:49 PM

Haha, you got me there :D ;D
Well, you know what I mean of course :)

Tangled-Universe

By the way, I could make my point better when showing it ;)