Let it Rain II

Started by choronr, January 19, 2009, 05:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

This is a rework of my previous image which includes trying some of the suggestions of FrankB and dandelo (Martin) which are unchecking the 'flat bottom' option for the clouds and reducing the cloud sharpness. I also tried re-seeding the cloud forms until satisfied. The original cloud file used here was that of Luc Bianco's.

One other important improvement includes the use of the 'Correcteur' program by JPSoft which can be a great help in doing certain post work to eliminate straight lines and angles in the stones/rocks. It also can be used anywhere over the terrain. This free download can be had at: www.jpsoft.4t.com . The file is small and the program is fast ...enjoy.

Next, I'll be trying the cloud files by FrankB which are meta-clouds. They look very exciting.

PorcupineFloyd

A very fine render. Dust is great. I'd only do some tweaking with masking the distance some more.

Tangled-Universe

Looking good Bob!

I agree with Porcupine. Dust looks great and masking out the upper clouds would be a gentle but good improvement as well.
Another thing I'd like to add is some extra fine displacements on the fake stones. Just that extra rough detail.

Martin

choronr

Thanks to both of you, this will continue to be an experiment till I get it right.

rcallicotte

I agree.  You're headed in the right direction.  Could use a little more texturing on the rocks.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?