Mongolia

Started by Hannes, January 23, 2009, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Thanks a lot!!
(@Volker: Donge vum Hessekniddel!)
The shoreline is a very thin white layer (just a few units above and under the water level) on the terrain, not on the water. It's not working on steep slopes.

Btw: I increased the contrast and the saturation a little bit in postwork. So the lighting is not very complicated. I'll share it anyway in the next post (a bit in a hurry)

Marcos Silveira

moodflow

Looking forward to more.   :)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Tangled-Universe

hmmm I thought I already commented on this image saying I really like it. But apparently I didn't :)

What stands out the most for me is the natural look of this image. Very nice atmosphere and depth. The mosses and grasses work fine together, though I think the grass is a tad bit too saturated.
The wind-patches on the water look great, as well as the shoreline.

So, what are you going to share with us? ;)

Martin

Feyszar

Nothing to add... simply outstanding and beautiful !

(Nochn hesse)

Hannes

Ok, here it is. I tried to add the GeoControl terrain, but the file is too large. Play with your own terrains.
The grass is the long grass from lightnings grass pack. I didn't add it because I'm not sure if it's allowed anymore :(

Btw you may notice that my nodes are a little chaotic because I tried a few things until I was satisfied. So there are some "dead nodes".
Probably the program may ask for some other maps I initially used but the only things that are missing is the grass and the terrain.

Have fun with it

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?