Mongolia

Started by Hannes, January 23, 2009, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

The terrain was created with GeoControl. I added a strata and outcrops shader and three fake stones shaders in different sizes.
Grass is from Lightning's legacy.

Guess how I did the surf  ;D (Yes, it's there!!)

RArcher

I really like the way you distributed the grass.  The shoreline also looks really good.

PorcupineFloyd

Fantastic. Water looks very fine and grass distribution isn't boring.

mr-miley

Outstanding  :o (as per usual)
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Seth

awesome render ! great job

moodflow

This is fantastic!  Very nice surfacing and population distribution.  Scale seems right on as well.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

Looks like a photo.  Like has been said, the scaling is spot-on.  The lighting is tremendous.  Would you mind sharing your Lighting, Environmental and Render settings?  Good lighting is key to the whole, I believe.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

darthvader

I agree with everything already said, my only critique would be that the color of the grass doesn't quite seem to fit in with the other colors in the scene. That said this is a very well done image!

old_blaggard

Wow, fantastic work! This is one of your best scenes in my opinion (and that's saying a lot ;)). Very nice!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

inkydigit

very excellent work... reminds me of a tg 0.9 render,,, love it!!!

nvseal

Fantastic. That has to be some of the best, most natural looking grass I have ever seen in TG 2.

Saurav

Love the shoreline in this render, very realistic.

efflux

Excellent. Very nice terrain, stones and grass. Lots of details and nicely lit.

Volker Harun

Dat is man jut! Saecht der Hamburger Jung.
(^- Good one ,-) )

schmeerlap

This gorgeous scene emphasizes the importance of good surface deployment. Excellent.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.