TERRAGEN-MASTERS is open! UPDATE: April 2009!

Started by Kranky, January 27, 2009, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kranky

Today I have great news for you! There is a new monthly Terragen (0.9 and 2) contest! Olaf Herfurth (also known as TerraProject in the Terradreams forum) created this website in the last few weeks. I will assist him in the management (especially the English part).

www.terragen-masters.de

Some details:
- Bilingual (German and English)
- Registered users can upload images and vote for images
- There will be several contests running simultaneously
- Generally, a contest will run for 2 months - so there is enough time to participate
- The contests will alternate in difficulty, so everybody can either choose between an easy or a complex contest topic or do both
- You can propose own topics and there will be a topic voting for upcoming contests every month
- Nikita sponsored two posters as prizes for the first two contests

There is already a running voting ("Best of Terragen-Contest.de" ), so register, log in, vote and have fun!

Jens

rcallicotte

How soon will there be an English translation?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Kranky

You can click on the small flag in the menu to switch the language ;)

rcallicotte

Clicking on this English URL http://www.terragen-masters.de/Contest-pid-1-newlang-english.html left German where I would suspect someone wants me to understand.   :D

Kranky

Oh sorry! :( Now you can find the english translation below the german text. I will check the other pages for missing translations.

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

No apologies necessary.  This is cool.  Glad someone is doing this.

Quote from: Kranky on January 27, 2009, 03:00:13 PM
Oh sorry! :( Now you can find the english translation below the german text. I will check the other pages for missing translations.

Confusoid

Renderosity has a monthly contest also and i think Ashundar as well.    ???

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Confusoid on January 27, 2009, 04:58:19 PM
Renderosity has a monthly contest also and i think Ashundar as well.    ???

Talking of the AMFI contest on Ashundar, there is still time for people to enter this months contest. (Sorry to go off topic).

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel (AMFI Contest Moderator)   ;D

Seth

can't log in... :'(

QuoteIt is not allowed to work with masks
:o
I know some people crying reading that !

Seth

I can log now :)

but... what does
QuoteHier werden Wettbewerbe veröffentlicht, welche nicht in den "normalen Rahmen" der Terragen Wettbewerbe passen, zBsp. die Masters oder evtl auch Foto-Wettbewerbe. (mal sehen, was uns so einfällt)
mean ? it's in contest index...

Kranky

I translated it, too. If there is something else left, please tell me.

@Confusoid: The renderosity terrain contest for example is for TG0.9 only. The contest on Ashundar I don't know. But you can participate in all of them, if you like to. Or you can choose by yourself, which one you like best. ;)

nikita

Quote from: Seth on January 27, 2009, 07:42:12 PM
QuoteIt is not allowed to work with masks
:o
I know some people crying reading that !
That that paragraph is talking about post-processing. I think masks in Terragen (2) are allowed.

Kranky

Oh yes, you can use masks in Terragen, but it is not allowed to do postwork with masks.

Today, the voting for the new topic ends and the winning topic "Winter Wonderland" started: Click here to go to the contest page

Also, the voting for the "The arctic" started today. The pictures from these contest are from last the unfinished Terragen-Contest. Click here to vote for your favorites!

Kranky

The voting for the "Masters of Terragen-Contest" is closed and the results are online: http://www.terragen-masters.de/modules.php?name=Contest&pid=1&newlang=english

Also, a new topic for february / march is online: stone desert. You can upload your picture until 31/03/2009: http://www.terragen-masters.de/modules.php?name=Contest&pid=4&newlang=english
Have fun and good luck!