Test Render - Fable

Started by Shashin, January 28, 2009, 06:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shashin

Well, I thought it's high time I actually posted something. Still just practicing at the moment, but I thought I'd share this one because it surprised me. Just a variation on the Getting Started tutorial, with my favourite filter added as postwork. Kind of a nice 'hand-illustrated' feel, don't you think?  ;)

Comments and criticism welcome.
Regards,
~Shashin

rcallicotte

It's a little different.  I'd say I would rather have seen the original before the dramatic change in Photoshop.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Shashin

The original? Sure thing. It's a pretty embarrassing attempt, though...
Suggestions?

Seth

keep your atmo (it's good looking) but increase atmo samples, and work more on your surfaces before post-work.
play more with light settings, i can't see almost anything of the ground.
a good TG2 render will be a better start for post-working... my 2 cents advice ;)

rcallicotte

I agree with Seth about the atmosphere.  It needs more samples.  Another point of view, where you can see an interesting piece of ground within the same vicinity of this point of view might be good.  I'm one to talk about finding a good point of view; this can be such a challenge.

Shashin

Thanks very much for the advice, I appreciate it.
@calico: You don't think the point of view with the snow-capped mountain in the lower-right third of the image is effective? Any suggestions, or should I just play around?

Seth

maybe we could see 1/3 sky and 2/3 ground... ^^
That small part of sky looks odd to me but it can be a matter of taste

rcallicotte

Matter of taste is correct.  I was being sarcastic about my ability to find a good point of view.  Sometimes this is very challenging.

Shashin

Oh, okay. Actually, that's a good point Seth. I used the rule of thirds to position the camera in relation to the snow-capped mountain in the foreground, but I guess I forgot about using it for the sky/backdrop too. Oops. Thanks for that!