TG2 Animation now posted...

Started by Windjammer, January 17, 2007, 01:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealUser

Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

Oshyan

Very nice work. We do intend to provide better animation tools, a timeline and similar standard features. Hopefully it will be possible to add a "height above terrain graph" similar to the one in Terranim as I agree this is very useful.

The issue of the sun showing through the mountain is a bug which currently can only be addressed by turning on Raytrace Shadows in the Atmosphere Quality tab. Unfortunately this increases render time a great deal. This shouldn't be necessary in the future, but for now you could simply re-render those specific frames where the problem is visible, with the Raytrace Shadows option on. You could even do a crop render of just the sun area to make it go faster.

- Oshyan

Windjammer

Quote from: Oshyan on January 19, 2007, 02:13:05 AM
Very nice work. We do intend to provide better animation tools, a timeline and similar standard features. Hopefully it will be possible to add a "height above terrain graph" similar to the one in Terranim as I agree this is very useful.

I am very much looking forward to these essential animation controls.  Glad to hear they are in the works.

Quote from: Oshyan on January 19, 2007, 02:13:05 AMThe issue of the sun showing through the mountain is a bug which currently can only be addressed by turning on Raytrace Shadows in the Atmosphere Quality tab. Unfortunately this increases render time a great deal. This shouldn't be necessary in the future, but for now you could simply re-render those specific frames where the problem is visible, with the Raytrace Shadows option on. You could even do a crop render of just the sun area to make it go faster.

- Oshyan

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try to re-render just those frames, probably to at a higher quality setting as well.  I'll re-post when I get 'er done.

-Windjammer