Entropy2

Started by AndyWelder, January 31, 2009, 09:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

One thing I'm not really happy with is the graininess of the render even though the render quality was set at 1 and the atmo quality was 128. Maybe a more experienced user knows?

Credits: MrLamppost for the "Temple".TGO.
Klas for the Oaktree.

Oh, and if you think it's worth it I'll upload the "Average Dutch" atmo clip to the Clouds section.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

schmeerlap

Yep 128 samples is more than enough for most atmos settings. Maybe the grain is in the clouds (higher quality/more samples there will remedy that). Hey, but the graininess is really marginal.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

rcallicotte

Andy, the cloud library is always a good place for an interesting cloud setup.  It will help.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Very nice work - I really like all of the elements of the scene, and I think it's quite creative. Nice work.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mandrake

Very bizarre but I like it a lot!! Thumps up!!!

Volker Harun

Very good concept end execution ... I do like the grain in the clouds ... it adds some nostalgy to the surrealism.

Crystek

This is one of the best pictures I've seen on the forums. It's unique, creative, and intelligent. The clouds are realistic and the terrain is excellent. However, the sky is a little too bright, I think, and I can't say I really like the grain, especially in the reflections. It just that this picture has a "painting" feel to it, and the grain seems out of place. It's certainly not a major issue, though, the picture is still superb.

Mahnmut

Brilliant!
Who needs realism when he can have surrealism?
I hope you donĀ“t mind I made it my desktop image.

Best regards,
Jan

Tangled-Universe

This looks great!
I really like the way the sand spills over the tiles.
Great surrealism :)

groetjes,
Martin

AndyWelder

Thank you all for your positive comments but... any idea what's causing the graininess? Anyone? It was not the result I desired and I would like to get rid of it. Sorry, Volker ;). Is it something in my render settings? The graininess didn't show in the preliminary renders with lower detail, only in the final and I don't like the idea of waiting for a day for a render to finish and then find it has this graininess again.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Mandrake

Andy, try playing with these settings?