"The beach" and new "Fake Stone & Hero Rock" Tech Pack

Started by FrankB, February 01, 2009, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys,

the following image is really just a showcase for my latest product: "Fake Stone Bed & Hero Rock Pack" at http//nwda.webnode.com  :)

I now have 2 very versatile rock beds: one of the two is optimized for real closeups, the other one renders faster and works great with a camera above ground altitude of ~1m. I have used the latter rock bed in the follwing scene, together with another flavour of the hero rock.

I'm interested in your comments on this image.
And if you're interested in this latest tech pack, you can find it under the above mentioned URL under Tech Packs.

Regards,
Frank

FrankB

... and just for completeness: :)

Tangled-Universe

I REALLY like that rockbed in the shore-scene :)
Great color and size variations with nice subtle settings for things like displacement and specularity!
The big rock looks cool too, although I would add some more color-variations too it and also maybe a crack/gash here and there.

Martin

FrankB

I have added more information and details shots to the product page, to explain in more detail what both the fake stone beds and hero rocks are capable of: http://nwda.webnode.com/products/fake-stone-hero-rock-pack/

Regards,
Frank

jo

Hi Frank,

That's some great looking stuff, I especially like the pebbles. I pity anyone whose beaches are like that though ;-).

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

I have seen some beaches like that in Florida, Jo.  Hurt my feet.   ;D

But, Frank - this is the best render I've ever seen by you or maybe just about anyone.  It's realism is perfect.  I feel like I'm on that beach.  Fantastic.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

In the UK you'll find lots of beaches like this can't speak for parts of the UK I have not been to, but on the South Coast shingle beaches are common place and require a certain kind of walking technique, to walk them successfully but I'll settle for the white sandy beaches found here in Australia any time.  ;D

I my experience these kinds of beaches have mudflats the further toward the water you get, or at least a low tide they do; this mud is a vary dark Grey in color and smells like you would not believe it is also a real pain to wash off cloths and/or family pets [Of the K9 variety].     

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

Saurav

I must have missed this one, the pebbles look very realistic.

choronr

I must say, you're going to see a lot of your expertise in many pictures soon. Both files are most impressive; and, I will order them soon. This truly gives TG2 a great shot in the arm!

FrankB

Thank you everyone!
I really began to wonder why almost nobody felt it worth a comment. I had already started to believe this was simply too mediocre to either like or hate ;D , which surprised me a little because when the render finished, I was like "yeah, that turned out nice" ;-)
Glad you like it, too. It's shortly past 8 AM here, so that gives me a good start into the day :-)

Cheers,
Frank

Hannes

Absolutely fantastic. In my opinion the shore scene is the best one. The pebbles are great.