Wildness Making-Of

Started by Seth, February 02, 2009, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Hi all !

I just want to inform you that I did a "Making-Of" about my last render "Wildness"... that I posted a few days ago here.
I suggest you to take a look, maybe you will find something interesting, like how I achieved the "fake stones" and the atmosphere  ;D
I want to thank FrankB that corrected my baaad english :p

click here to read the Making-Of.

PS : feedback welcome  ;)

Mandrake

Looks great Seth, I'll giver her a go.

choronr

A tutorial well made and understandable. And, the results are very appealing.

Seth

thank you !
i hope some people will try it and post their results... ^^

Mandrake

I'm just glad you don't have that avatar following me all over that tut page. hehe

Seth

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

domdib

Agree that this is a v clear tutorial. Especially useful on how to make a nice distribution of stones. Should it be stickied?

Tarik

Awsome tut, giving this a go as we speak, but, the trees for me are an issue, as is any population other than fake stones lol, my system doesnt seem to like it,

still, adding it to my learning !!

Awsome image too

schmeerlap

Great tut Seth. Interesting alternative to using the Water Shader on lake.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Seth

Mandrake

I'm glad you said it, cause I was scratching my head.
I had one cooking that showed promise but it got an unknown error down by the water this morning, so I rebooted and cropped the bottom. I kept playing with the rock textures, driving me crazy.. The only way I could blend an image map with that powerfractal was to invert and attach to the fakerock blender.
Great tutorial, really makes me want to get out the paint brush, for an erosion or wash out.
Tried my own clouds, and had to tune the Sun way down.
Pretty funny there seth "Big fat sky" ;)

Mandrake

Ok errors and all, here's my first result of your most excellent tutorial seth. Thank You very much!!
http://www.terragen.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5773

Mandrake

Trying to sneak a foot path into the mix.

glen5700

Hi Seth,
Thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial, I learned a lot from it and plan to apply it to my future scenes.

Here is my version of it, I pumped up the Bluesky density up to 4 and increased the sunlight strength to 4.5. I want to tweak the trees in the forground, there a little to dark for my taste.

Thanks,
Glen