Wildness Making-Of

Started by Seth, February 02, 2009, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al91

my image looks very fuzzy after rendering? any suggestions? but great tutorial its very helpful  ;D

FrankB

you should really post your render result here, otherwise it's very difficult to troubleshoot.

Frank

al91

here it is

Seth

increase your atmo settings ;)
your's is 16... increase it 48  (it's a start)...
then, i suggest to increase the value of clouds samples too.
when my render will be over i'll check longer your tgd ;)

al91

alright i ll do that. thanks! ;D

Seth

al91

ahh... it doesnt seem to work..not much difference... any more suggestions?   :(

FrankB

from the image it seems that the number of atmo samples is still not high enough for this scene. High contrasts in the sky are very demanding with regards to samples.
If rendertime is an issue, you can also try to keep the current # samples and decrease the atmo samples jitter to 0.5. There's a probability of banding when reducing the jitter, but often it doesn't happen. Reducing the jitter helps with reducing the grain, though.
I would bet that yo can safely reduce the jitter to 0.5 wihtou seing banding in this scene.

Cheers,
Frank

Seth

you say it doesn't work but i see a big differnece between the first and second render ;)
the last is definitely less grainy. I'll try atmo sample quality = 92 if i were you...
and try to increase the sun power just a little bit.
i think you have free version otherwise you could increase AA too...
my render is still not over... i'll really try to check longer when it will be over ^^

al91

Seth

I'm looking at it right now ^^
keep in touch, i'll see what i can do ;)

Oshyan

It also looks like the texturing you're using for the ground is kind of "fuzzy". The detail level is also probably 0.5, and turning that up to 0.75 would bring out a bit more clarity. But mostly it is a "fuzzy" looking image because it's so dark and indistinct I think. A change in lighting or camera perspective ought to help.

- Oshyan

Seth

little tweaking with cloud samples, atmo sample, sun power and contrast...
rendering another one with different sun orientation...

PS : agree with Oshyan comments about the ground's texture though... it needs some more work ;)

Seth

just tweaked some values ...
sun orientatio changed, i moved the surface layer and add a powerfractal to give some colours to the ground...
my advice will be to work more on the ground if you don't want to add vegetation.
try to increase the stones' size from 10 to 15, 9 to 10 and 8 to 4.Maybe increase the density of the size 3 ones...
i think this one has a good potential but needs some more work ... terrain or ground texture...
remember that if you add 3 layers of fake stones, you need to see the stones and give them a good light  ;)

PS : as i love to have real clean atmo, i suggest to test 128 as atmo sample ^^

al91

hmm ok thanks for the feedback ;)

ah...i think i have to read the user guide more thoroughly then i can get a clearer view on what to do next