MoonglO

Started by dandelO, February 03, 2009, 10:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

An older project I brought back from the dead yesterday.
I had been trying to get a decent moon-glow out of TG2 for a while and kind of forgot about it until recently. Not too shabby, I suppose.

Trees are Xfrog free Grand firs.

A little sharpening in CS2 afterwards.

Thanks for looking! :)

[attachimg=#]

rcallicotte

Nice.  Looks like we should "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip..."
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

timtierney

Perfect scene.  People sometimes go overboard with the stars but you added a very realistic amount.  The shine the moon is giving off is excellent.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mastertimothy on February 03, 2009, 01:51:13 PM
Perfect scene.  People sometimes go overboard with the stars but you added a very realistic amount.  The shine the moon is giving off is excellent.

Completely agree with this comments. Well chosen amount of stars. The shine of the moon is great. Perhaps the moon self could be a tad less bright? Difficult to say. Absolutely great scene anyway!

Martin

Cyber-Angel

This reminds me some what of posters you brought at a store called Athena back in the late 80's into the mid 90's, except that the ones I'm thinking of where Airbrush art rather than CGI, however the effect is the same; grate work here.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel ;D   

Seth

what a quiet felling watching this !
good job !

choronr

Mesmerizing ...great work here!

dandelO

Thanks, all! :)
The glow is a bit bright, I agree. It's actually just the moon planet atmoshphere haze(not technically correct in the real world but close enough for government work, as they say). When making a moon image I usually disable the atmo for it.

Cyber Angel: I remember Athena and I remember those posters, too. There'd usually be a giant wolf or unicorn in the sky, or something else of equally bad-taste. There's still some room in my sky, stay tuned for a golden eagle on a Harley for my next update... ;)

dandelO

Oh, I didn't add any stars to this, they come from my procedural night background from my second library pack.

Cyber-Angel

While its true that they used do a lot of fantasy art [Good and bad taste, of equal measure] Athena also did a lot of non Science Fiction and Fantasy art [Nothing wrong with that kind of art, if done well] and it was this that I was thinking of; how time and poster subjects have changed.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel