WIP - Mt. Wit from a plane

Started by Arandil, February 03, 2009, 03:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arandil

Hi folks!  This is my first WIP post here in ... a long time.  I'm just getting back into TG2 after picking up World Machine2 for me birthday last month, woot!!  This scene came out of my very first WM2 test output and my really diving into clouds for the first time.  I'm happy with the basic scene setup and POV.  I haven't done that much with surface shaders so far, that's next (the mountains need a bit more detail roughness, and the ground needs more color/texture variation, IMO).  And the clouds may be too bright.  Not sure at the moment where exactly to head with this, looking forward to comments to clue me into what the audience may think.

The two cumulus cloud nodes began life as DandelO's Hometime clouds and atmosphere clip .. I think .. they've been futzed with a great deal and I have no idea what I've really done with them, also added a cirrus layer to the mix.

Cheers!

EDIT:  Oh, and I want more sunrays, had some really good ones at first and then lost them when I "fixed" some other elements.

Seth

great terrain, and nice light  even if i'll prefer it stronger

moodflow

Clouds need more sharpness, but otherwise, this is beautiful!
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

I agree with everything said so far.  Welcome back to the fun.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Saurav

This is looking promising, the clouds need more details.

domdib

Arandil

Thanks for the comments guys!  :)

Hello edge sharpness and warp!   :o   Egads, not what I'm going for but ... it kinda tickles ...

I'll keep working on it ..  :P

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?