Mountain WIP

Started by jackblack, February 05, 2009, 09:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackblack

Here's a mountain with 5 million trees, it's not that great, but I plan of making it better and with less trees.

Here's a link that should take you to the page where the image is hosted:

http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/images/jpg/9291_mountains5milliontrees.html

It's in HD, quality set to 1, in my updates I will post at a low resolution though, I also plan on adding some different plant populations.

Let me know what you think.

-Jimmy

Cyber-Angel

Can you re-post the link, when I try the one provided all I get is a 404 Error. ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jackblack

Sorry to get bakc to you guys so late, posted a working link now.

-Jimmy

Hannes

Looks good, but I think you should reduce the specular highlights.

Tangled-Universe

Hey Jack,

I presume this is a start of this picture since there are a couple of things missing. You could add some powerfractals to the rock surfaces for texturing and also add some stones and water in the valley for example.
The clouds look good and lighting too. Perhaps you should lower your haze density. I like the positioning of the sun as well :)
One thing I'd really like to know is what render-quality setting you've chosen for your population? It seems medium quality or so. Also, did you adjust the specular settings of the leaves? They should really be toned down a bit.

If I can be of any help then just let me know.

Martin

rcallicotte

Fairly nice.  TU and Hannes hit everything.  The trees have a sort of sparkle and might be too high up for the atmosphere.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PG

I like the specular on the trees that are close up but it doesn't look right on the ones on the mountain ridge in the background. The haze is putting me off a teesny bit as well. The cloud and the slopes the valley are done really well.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

jackblack

Well guy's I'm not real sure how to get that spec off my trees, I tried playing with the roughness and stuff, but it didn't work, any ideas?

Tangled-Universe

what are the settings of reflectivity and roughness?

jackblack

Reflectivity is at 0.1 and roughness is at 0.3. I'd think that would have been good enough, but apparently not, my color image is a green leaf on a green background, I have the same leaf, but with a transparent background as my alpha, so it's not a white issure I don't think, I'm not sure what's going on.

-Jimmy

Tangled-Universe

The reflectivity values are absolutely not the cause here.

You say that the opacity image is also the leave but on a transparent background? I'm not sure if TG can handle this correctly.
Also...you should make the leaf self pure white and the background pure black.

Did this help?