Savannah

Started by Hannes, February 06, 2009, 05:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I started to try out my own Mongolia file and added another terrain, adjusted some settings and after a while it looked a little bit african. So I looked for a tree and found that Klas' bonsai was the most similar to those typical african umbrellalike (Acacia-) trees.
I don't remember where the elephant came from. Credits to the creator. Hope you like it.

RogueNZ

... Absolutely amazing, render it bigger!

FrankB

I like this a lot, Hannes, well done! The elephants integrate nicely. I find the trees somewhat suspicious, but the overall impression of depth is great.

Cheers,
Frank

Hannes

Thank you! If there's anyone out there who can provide me with the acaciatree (image - look below) and maybe a .ter file of Mt. Kilimanjaro, let me know!

Saurav

Absolutely a must for a bigger render.

Tangled-Universe

Looks good Hannes! The elephants are a nice addition. I like the colors and atmosphere. As Frank said the depth is great.
You might consider slightly decreasing the haze density to make the background-mountain a little bit less blue and hazy.
But it should remain blue and hazy of course, like in real life.
It's a pity that TG still can't handle the edges between water and land a bit more naturally. It looks a bit like it's floating.
Nonetheless a very good image!

By the way...the accaciatree you mention is not shown below. Also...I have seen a DEM of Kilimanjaro somewhere in the past. I'm quite sure. Shall look if I can find it!

Martin

edit: I can see the image now...probably was too fast replying :)

Hannes

Thanks again. Yes I forgot to add the image. Now it's in. The render is 1280 px wide. The original is 3000 px wide, but I think it looks better 1280.
There are ugly banding artifacts in the water down left. Any idea how to prevent this?
Here's the big mac:

rcallicotte

Cool, Hannes.  The elephants almost look real and the total image is quite an undertaking.  I love the mountain in the background - cool!

I know there's a way to eliminate the banding, but I don't remember if it's through the density control or less noise.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Saurav

Hannes I have sent you an email with a ter file of Kilimanjaro. Its low resolution but for distance it will work fine.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Hannes on February 06, 2009, 08:19:31 AM

Any idea how to prevent this?
Here's the big mac:

Yes, you can prevent this by having "microvertex jittering" enabled in the extra tab of the renderer.
Did you enable that option? It should help.

Martin

Hannes

Hooray, I'l give it a try. Thanks a lot!!

Linochette

would be great as a postcard. remembers me of my last holiday in Tanzania. Lovely view.

efflux

This is great. I especially like the water edge area. That is very convincing.

efflux

One problem I just noticed and I'm interested to know what causes this - the parallel lines on the water surface. I've had this problem on land surfaces.

C.A.C.

The microvertex jittering should definably get rid of those lines.