After The Rain (WIP)

Started by Seth, February 10, 2009, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

huhu no you're right, the clouds do need improvement ^^

rcallicotte

The atmosphere is excellent, the water is perfect and rocks / terrain are exceptionally realistic. 

And your lighting is sensational.  What do you think?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

I think i prefer when you write critical comments ;)

rcallicotte

Seth

still playing...
some pw on this one though

FrankB

interesting... has a somewhat eerie mood, too :-)

rcallicotte

Okay.  A comment, as you like - the clouds are perfect from the left side to about a little over the middle way and then there is something chalky looking in them.  Otherwise, as I said before, this is stunning.  Please don't give up, because I believe you have a top-notch image coming here.

Seth

thanks ! ^^
you're right about the clouds... i need to find what's wrong  ^^

Mandrake

I like the first one better, are you starting to tweak the color? I'd like to see what you come up with when you have multiple layers of your clouds with slightly tweaked colors. I like yoour clouds!

Seth

multiple layers... that will be the next step... first i need clouds that fit my taste :D

mr-miley

Nice.... but I much prefer the clouds in the first version.

Miles

<<Edit>>  Sorry Franck, that was not the most helpful comment I could have made  ;D The reason I like the clouds better in the 1st one is they are less defined and less "organic" looking. They have the look of clouds that have just dropped their rain and are now moving off somewhere else (possibly to pick up some more rain  :) ) I think their lighting and "haziness" fits much better with the rest of the scene.

Hope thats a bit more helpful  ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Seth

yeah and i must say i totally agree with you mr-miley :)
i much prefer the first ones too !

Mandrake

Quote from: Seth on February 11, 2009, 08:36:12 PM
multiple layers... that will be the next step... first i need clouds that fit my taste :D
Are you sure about those steps?

choronr

My goodness, I can almost hear the rumblings of thunder in the distance ...now that is realism. I prefer the first image. It gives the feeling of 99% humidity. Extra fine work here.