After The Rain (WIP)

Started by Seth, February 10, 2009, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

I want to try some big clouds too !!!  ;D
ok they are not the same but I kind of like them  :P
This is just a WIP but sometimes, hearing comments at this part of the render might be a good idea... You just don't know what people will say !

leafspring

The terrain and haze are perfect. I like it a lot. :)
The structure of the clouds as well but imo they look somewhat artificial. A tad too smooth and polished.
Lang lang er vejen for Aslaug
Længe venter lykken på Kraka

Saurav

I actually like this quite a lot, the mood adds depth to the landscape.

matrix2003

Just make it a darker / more menacing day, but preserve the reflectivity.  Looks great!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

Clouds are a little too dense, I'm thinking...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

I like it as it is. The ground is simple, yet effective and looking good!
The clouds are good, too, although maybe they could be a little less dense and a little less tall, .... but hey, they could also look exactly like they are now :-)

Cheers,
Frank

Seth

GioMez

Lovely atmosphere!
I also like the stones!

Great work :)

Seth

by the way, clouds' density is set to 0.02...

Tangled-Universe

Well we all know cloud settings aren't telling much.
For example the 0,02 for density you mentioned Franck.

The edge sharpness and especially the lighting can make them look very dense, although the density is actually very low.
So maybe it is better to say that they 'look' dense rather than 'being' dense.

I really like the atmosphere in this picture. Certainly gives you the impression that it has just stopped raining. Dense atmo and speculars really aid in this effect. However, I tend to agree with Frank on the size of the clouds, though they look good!
Good work!

Martin

Seth

mmmh...
strange, i found them far less dense and smaller than almost all the clouds i see in here these days ^^
and they are rain's clouds ;)
anyway, I heard your comments and after the render i am doing, i'll work on the clouds !

schmeerlap

Might as well add my twopence-halfpenny worth; for me there could be more contrast in the clouds to give them more pop.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mr-miley

Outstanding render  ;D One of my favorite renders for a while. The "atmosphere" is fantastic and very realistic. I love the clouds as they are. I think they have a very "real world" look about them. Not photographic, just very "real". If you ever fancy rendering this one nice and large it would make a great poster / wallpaper.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

domdib

I also think that the atmosphere is very convincing.

rcallicotte

Oh, yeah, sorry Franck.  This is an exceptional image.  I just saw the clouds needed improvement - bad habit.   I'll break it.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?