Fields - V2

Started by FrankB, February 20, 2009, 01:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

Excellent image and realistic clouds! I agree about maybe re-rendering the woods part in the distance though.
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

choronr

This has the feel of the wide open spaces. Tis a beauty Frank!

FrankB

Thank you :-)

Quote from: MacGyver on February 24, 2009, 02:03:53 AM
...maybe re-rendering the woods part in the distance though.

No, this is good as is and as it can get. A tree at this distance is barely larger than 1 pixel, and this has already been rendered with quality 1.
It also looks quite like it on my reference photo. To have more detail than that, I would have to bring it much closer.

Cheers,
Frank

MacGyver

Quote from: FrankB on February 24, 2009, 03:57:08 AM
No, this is good as is and as it can get. A tree at this distance is barely larger than 1 pixel, and this has already been rendered with quality 1.
It also looks quite like it on my reference photo. To have more detail than that, I would have to bring it much closer.
Sounds reasonable, never mind :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

domdib

The clouds are great. However, I prefer the more subdued colour the fields had in the first image.

FrankB

Quote from: domdib on February 24, 2009, 07:36:28 AM
The clouds are great. However, I prefer the more subdued colour the fields had in the first image.

More like this: ?

Hannes

Fantastic. The last one is perfect! I can almost smell the air.

FrankB

Thanks Hannes :-)

the last version is really the same render with slightly different curves applied.

Cheers;
Frank

domdib

Yes, more like that  ;) But is still prefer the original  :-\ There's something also about the displacements on the ground that is more realistic. But anyway, both are great renders.

FrankB

I know what you mean, but it's hard to put your finger on it.
I think it's the shape of the stoen displacements. In the previous version, the have been pretty much rudimentary, which apparently help resemble chunks of dry mud.

Frank

arisdemos

Good Job FrankB, and I think we are in Kansas Toto!.

billg60

Frank,
Can you give us any hints how you produced the rows. I need a field of growing crops in the project I am working on but I figure I can make dirt into plant rows.

Bill

ndeewolfwood

it can be good idea to look on the new shader array node to achieve this kind of stuff.

Tangled-Universe