Fields - V2

Started by FrankB, February 20, 2009, 01:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

... fields, baby.

domdib

Nice sense of space. I'm guessing that's your cumulus humilis hovering above the fields? The only thing that jars a little is what seems to be a population of trees to the far right. If these really were agricultural fields, wouldn't they be neatly contained beyond a fence or ditch?

Alf15000

As domdib says : great sense of space ;-) And very nice clouds, too...Maybe their bases are too flat, but it's a little detail !

moodflow

Wow!  This looks impressive...   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

efflux

FrankB

Thanks guys... I have kept playing with the scene in the meantime, but nothing to show yet.

Regards,
Frank

Hannes

I like it very much. Looks very natural.

GioMez

Agree with Hannes.
I also love the blue of the sky!

rcallicotte

This reminds me in some way of some plowed fields I've seen before.  Nice sky.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Thanks - I'm working on giving the ground more details. I have a reference photo for that, and man, this is more complicated than I thought in the first place.

The reference photo also has some tractor tracks crossing, and I find it not so easy to replicate them in a procedural way. I have also improved the clouds a little further. Maybe tomorrow I have another iteration for you to see.

Cheers,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: FrankB on February 23, 2009, 07:58:35 AM
Thanks - I'm working on giving the ground more details. I have a reference photo for that, and man, this is more complicated than I thought in the first place.

The reference photo also has some tractor tracks crossing, and I find it not so easy to replicate them in a procedural way. I have also improved the clouds a little further. Maybe tomorrow I have another iteration for you to see.

Cheers,
Frank

I was just about to add a critique about a little bit of lack of details in the ground. Looking forward to see where you come up with.
I know it can be quite hard :)

The sense of scale is very nice in this image and the masking for the plants is very nicely done!

Martin

FrankB

ok, here comes V2...

Tangled-Universe

Awesome man, really like the way the foreground cloud turned out. The shape at the edges is good and the lighting is just right.
The rows of crops are more convincing now, looks good! I can just see that the hill in the background is covered in trees. Maybe you could render a seperate crop of that area at higher detail to get that a bit clearer. However, they are in the distance, so they may not be too detailed as well...dilemma's :)

schmeerlap

Those clouds are the dogs bollocks.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Seth

much much better !
very good render.
Even if i am not a big fan of very contrasted renders, this one is really good :)