Dead Stones

Started by Seth, February 26, 2009, 06:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

just something i did some times ago, i took the ugly plant off ^^

PG

Brilliant. looks really lifelike. There's an odd grid in the water at centre of the image though.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Seth

yeah i saw it too... but damn... i am tired of those ugly water bugs so i'll leave it as it is

rcallicotte

I didn't think that grid was anything other than splashes.  But, I did notice the spikes on the distant hills.

That said, this is fantastic.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Turning on Microvertex Jitter in the renderer detail settings ought to help with the "water grid".

- Oshyan

moodflow

This scene features some of the best lighting I've seen yet out of TG2.  Any tips?  Nice work!   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

FrankB

Very nice, Franck. The lighting is really fantastic, but also the choice of colors on the small and large fake stones is awesome!
Cheers,
Frank

mt_sabao

mt_sabao

schmeerlap

Excellent work with Fake Stones. Inevitably you'll get the odd rogue malformed stone (like the one near bottom right with the flat top). I wonder if Planetside can do anything to eradicate such top sliced stones?

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

rcallicotte

mr-miley

Bloody hell  :o Most definately one of the best TG2 renders I have ever seen. The surfacing is perfect, but the lighting is .... well.... can't think of a good enough word to use.... maybe exceptional? yeah, thats a good word to use  ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

MacGyver

Great work! :) The theme's a bit dismal for my taste but that's what you were going for when leaving out the ugly plants, I suppose ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

mr-miley

I find that I an quite drawn to empty "dismal" scenes, both in art and photography (and in real life for that matter, I live quite close to the Brecon Beacons in Wales UK, breathtakingly beautiful, but very bleak) Don't know what that says about me though  ;D

Miles

Edit: http://www.beaconsbackpackers.co.uk/Brecon-Beacons.html have a look at the banner header for a prime example
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

rcallicotte

Miles, I find this sort of scene refreshing.  It's lit, but perfectly.