Slough Creek Yellowstone National Park *Finished Version Updated 12.04.09*

Started by Saurav, March 17, 2009, 10:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurav

A work in progress for a commercial project I'm currently undertaking. While the bulk of the work is done, smaller details still needs to be added.

buzzzzz1

XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

dwilson

incredible, the sky is a little too deep of a blue color, but other than that it is pretty good.
Looks a lot like the mountains here in Colorado, not very green and a lot of brownish colors.

Seth

Mohawk20

To make it perfect you'd need a little more variation in trees, but besides that lighting, texturing and distribution are perfect!
Howgh!

moodflow

Very realistic lighting and colors.  The sky colors are perfect!  I know this is a work in progress, but the trees need more variation in size, distribution, and color variation.  The grass could use more variation in distribution.  If you could get these things done, this image would likely be the most realistic TG2 image I've seen yet when it comes to lighting and such.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

Marvelous work and light.  The trees could use a little bit more translucency (what do you think?) and there should be some divergence in size.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Confusoid

Good Lord the only thing that is killing me is the trees lacking color tone variations. Add that i you got one heck of a photoreal image.   ;D

otakar

Love the subject and love the render! I'd highlight the grass (probably the most realistic meadow I've see yet from TG), the tree distribution on the mountains (just spot on), and the lighting. As others have said, the area to concentrate on for improvements would be the trees (I'd leave the distant trees, alone, though). More variety is absolutely needed (in all aspects). And I'd add a wolf or grizzly for a truly spectacular scene! ;) Oh, and a bald eagle circling above. I do need to go back there some day, that park is something else.

Hannes

Fantastic! My only critic would be the lack of variation in the trees as all the others already mentioned. Very photorealistic.

chefc

Agree w/others tree variation is a must  ;)
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

sjefen

Awesome work as always Saurav.

While the lighting is really realistic as it is, I would have chosen a different position for the sun.
It looks very flat right now. The only shadows we see are from some of those trees in the front.

Some tree variation, as some have already mentioned, would also be good.

The rest is really, really great. Very realistic render.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

fuzzyEuclid

Quote from: Mohawk20 on March 18, 2009, 05:18:50 AM
To make it perfect you'd need a little more variation in trees, but besides that lighting, texturing and distribution are perfect!

Spot-on. My eyes start to swim once I get into the heart of the green trees - some variation there would catapult this into, "Is that a photograph? No. No that's T2... right?"

Oshyan

I think the "flat" lighting actually contributes a lot to the realism. Scenes in these types of areas are kind of "boring" like this usually. It's a great image though, not boring from a TG2 perspective. ;) I agree a bit about the tree variation, but in most cases when that's added it's overdone. It needs to be *very* subtle. If that could be added, it'd be pretty mindblowingly realistic. The only other thing I see, that I'm surprised no one else mentioned, is I think the AA filter could be better - as it is it's a tad sharp and noisy in the grasses.

- Oshyan

moodflow

I've been using the "tent" version of AA.  Seems to work well with foliage without over-softening the details.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music