Is there a chance for a Terragen 2 full product release version this year?

Started by burtward, March 19, 2009, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burtward

I am hoping to hear positive news that a Terragen 2 full product release version will be available sometime this year.  What is the likelihood of that actually happening?

rcallicotte

LOL

If you do a rather loose search (like 'Terragen Release' or 'Gold'), you'll find plenty.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

neuspadrin

mac

reck

PG

They are cutting it pretty fine for announcing the price changes.... :-X
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rodpacker1

Hopefully... :)
Can't wait for some render improvements (GI inconsistency fix in animations and some speed improvements - even though I have not run into those 36hrs/frame render issues I keep reading about)

waiting impatiently :)

reck

Quote from: PG on March 20, 2009, 06:52:33 AM
They are cutting it pretty fine for announcing the price changes.... :-X

They have a whole week yet  ::)

PG

Yeah, not really enough time for people to go to their employers and ask for funds to buy it.

Mohawk20

If you want to buy it, now would be the time anyway, why wait till the last second to buy cheap?
Howgh!

Goms

Quote from: reck on March 24, 2009, 10:45:43 AM
...or the wife ;D

;D

I don't think they will rise the prices the hour tg2.0 is up. but even if they do, whats the matter about buying it now for lower prices? if someone thinks its not worth it at the moment, he probably wont buy it for (maybe) 100$ more as a final with a few improvements.
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

neuspadrin

Agreed.  If you are on the border of buying it, now factor in a price increase to get the exact same program.  Just go ahead and go for it ;) It's awesome.

PG

I think it's more the matter of conserving capital. The want to see how much it will go up by so that if it's not much they can buy it later on when they know they'll definately need it, whereas if it's a lot more they'll know it'll be a wise investment to buy it now. But obviously you can't do that if you don't know what the new price will be.

sjefen

Quote from: PG on March 24, 2009, 10:30:54 AM
Yeah, not really enough time for people to go to their employers and ask for funds to buy it.

Right now you wouldn't have enough time, but it has been available for a very long time with a nice price :)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB